• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

"Access is Denied" on migration from 5.5 to 2003

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> "Access is Denied" on migration from 5.5 to 2003 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"Access is Denied" on migration from 5.5 to 2003 - 14.Mar.2006 11:52:24 PM   
kwilson

Hi,

I am migrating from Exchange 5.5 to 2003 and have been going through the Deployment tools, but I have run into a problem when I am just about done.  I have gotten to the step to actually install exchange 2003 .  When I select to "join or upgrade existing Exchange 5.5 organization" it comes back with the message:

"Setup has encountered an error while attempting to validate the Exchange server 'email'; 0XC0070005 (5): Access is denied." 

I am logged in as a Domain Admin, which has Service Account Admin permission on the 5.5 server.  I have had no problems running the old 5.5 server up to this point.  If anyone has encountered this problem before or know of a solution I would greatly appreciate any help available.
Post #: 1
RE: "Access is Denied" on migration from 5.5 ... - 15.Mar.2006 12:01:56 AM   
AdminFix

Which account did you use to run the forestprep & Setup ADC? I guess that is not the account which was the SAA account. Try Checking the permissions for the your account @ Org, Site & Config container level. You MUST have permissions on all the three levels. Lets us know of the progress

(in reply to kwilson)
Post #: 2
RE: "Access is Denied" on migration from 5.5 ... - 15.Mar.2006 3:55:13 PM   
kwilson

Actually, it was all the same account that I used for the entire process.  And it does have SAA authority on all of those levels already.  Now I did just notice something odd.  In properties for 'Configuration' on the 5.5 server on the 'Service Account Password' tab, the field 'account name' is blank.  I do however have two accounts that are set up with SAA authority throughout the server.

(in reply to AdminFix)
Post #: 3
RE: "Access is Denied" on migration from 5.5 ... - 15.Mar.2006 4:35:22 PM   
sunligthpal

is your Exchange 5.5 is installed on NT 4 box

Regards,

Dipak Sharma

(in reply to kwilson)
Post #: 4
RE: "Access is Denied" on migration from 5.5 ... - 15.Mar.2006 4:55:59 PM   
kwilson

No, it's on a Win 2000 server.  The domain is in Win 2000 Native mode.  And i already have the ADC setup.

(in reply to sunligthpal)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> "Access is Denied" on migration from 5.5 to 2003 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter