• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

"Delay Delivery" Question

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> "Delay Delivery" Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"Delay Delivery" Question - 27.Jul.2009 3:44:07 PM   
BeckoningChasm

Greetings, all.  We're using Exchange 2007 SP1 with Outlook 2007 as the client.  For the most part, our users are in cached mode.

Here's my question:  when folks want to send a "Delay Delivery" email, is there a way to do this in cached mode without having the user's client running during the scheduled delivery time?  If I try to set up a Delayed Delivery, when I exit the Outlook client I'm told that the message will not be sent if I quit. 

This seems to defeat the purpose of a delay, if my PC has to be logged in and running Outlook at 4:00 AM.  Not to mention it opens up something of a security hole.

If I switch the mode to non-cached, the Delay Delivery option seems fine.  But under non-cached mode, client-side Rules don't seem to work.  (Also, we have some folks with large mailboxes, so I'd like to reduce the strain on the server.)

Is there a way to use the Delay Delivery option in cached mode?   Flipping back and forth between cached and non-cached doesn't seem to be an elegant solution.

Thanks in advance,
BSimpson
Post #: 1
RE: "Delay Delivery" Question - 10.Aug.2009 12:24:44 PM   
John Weber

You must be online for the cached mode delay delivery to work.
Just the way it is.

John Weber [Lync MVP] http://tsoorad.blogspot.com

(in reply to BeckoningChasm)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> "Delay Delivery" Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter