• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

"Uninstalled Exchange"

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> "Uninstalled Exchange" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"Uninstalled Exchange" - 25.May2006 12:44:12 PM   
pptp

Hi Techies,

Our network has no Exchange Server 2003 installed before until someone else came and installed it.
He created 2 mailboxes for 2 users for testing.
With no reason at all, he pulled out the physical server
from the network where the exchange is installed and reformat it for some purpose without him uninstalling the exchange.

Now here is the story, I tried to install Exchange 2003 "on the same box" where the 1st Exchange had been installed. I logged in as Administrator and Its NOS is Windows Server 2003 SP1. Everthing has been done such as adding the services (ASP.NET, NNTP & SMTP), DcDiag, NetDiag and everything has passed. But when I started the ForrestPre using Exchange Server Deployment Tool here is what I got:

Microsoft Exchange Installation Wizard:
"The component "Microsoft Exchange Server" Forrest Preparation" cannot be assigned the action "ForrestPrep" because; To install
the first exchange server in a domain or to run setup "/ForrestPrep" mode, you must be an Exchange Full Administrator at the organizational level. You must use an acccount that has been granted the Full Exchange Administrator role on the Exchange Organization using the Exchange Administratrive Delegation Wizard."

Any suggestions will greatly be appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: "Uninstalled Exchange" - 25.May2006 2:40:04 PM   
pjhutch

Use Setup /Removeorg before installing Exchange again. This will remove all the old settings so you can install Exchange properly this time.

(in reply to pptp)
Post #: 2
RE: "Uninstalled Exchange" - 25.May2006 2:45:02 PM   
pptp

Thanks for the reply. I did that procedure and when i click in the Action > Removeorg then I got the same message.
Any suggestion would greatly be appreciated!

(in reply to pjhutch)
Post #: 3
RE: "Uninstalled Exchange" - 25.May2006 3:44:58 PM   
pjhutch

Install the Exchange management tools on a server or a workstation and then apply the Full Exchange Administrator rights to a domain user you are going to use to install Exchange with. Then try again.

(in reply to pptp)
Post #: 4
RE: "Uninstalled Exchange" - 26.May2006 10:05:01 AM   
bLauret

I believe the article mentioned below would be the key to your question :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830186 

Bertrand - Try to be Exchange administrator

(in reply to pptp)
Post #: 5
RE: "Uninstalled Exchange" - 26.May2006 11:18:39 AM   
pptp

Hi blauret / pjhutch,

Thanks a lot for the reply. I followed the article (modifying attributes) and it works fine now!

Cheers!

(in reply to bLauret)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> "Uninstalled Exchange" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter