• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

#5.5.0 smtp;511 sorry, no mailbox here by that name

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> #5.5.0 smtp;511 sorry, no mailbox here by that name Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
#5.5.0 smtp;511 sorry, no mailbox here by that name - 12.Jun.2008 5:32:20 PM   
Mike_B

To anyone that has some knowledge on this issue I am having:

My company is currently in the process of moving from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. 

I have moved a large chunk of the mailboxes so far.
I have a user that has a distribution list with 135 external e-mail accounts. When she made an attempt to send to this distribution list she received an error on all 135 recipients in the distribution list like the one below.

Mr. XXXXXXX on 6/12/2008 3:39 PM
There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.
<Domain Name #5.5.0 smtp;511 sorry, no mailbox here by that name (#5.1.1 - chkuser)>

Any ideas.?

Post #: 1
RE: #5.5.0 smtp;511 sorry, no mailbox here by that name - 13.Jun.2008 2:59:46 AM   
thomas888

Hi,

Firstly, can I assume that is this a "user defined" distribution list created in Outlook?
Second, are the recipients in this distribution list all internal users or are they external?

If internal,  the distribution list may need to be rebuilt, as the "internal addresses" are likely to be different on your new server than they were on the old server.

THOS

(in reply to Mike_B)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> #5.5.0 smtp;511 sorry, no mailbox here by that name Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter