• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

#5.5.0 smtp;550 Command rejected for policy reasons

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> #5.5.0 smtp;550 Command rejected for policy reasons Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
#5.5.0 smtp;550 Command rejected for policy reasons - 28.Sep.2006 7:42:31 PM   
adellicott

Users are getting the following message from System Administrator when they send mail. I run DNSReport, everything seems OK.  I want to know if and how can I fix it. My domain is 'cadcol.ac.uk'

Thank you

Adrian

This is the message:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
     Subject: 16
     Sent: 28/09/2006 16:14
The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
     xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com on 28/09/2006 16:14
           There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server.  Please contact your system administrator.
           <solo.cadcol.ac.uk #5.5.0 smtp;550 Command rejected for policy reasons.>
Post #: 1
RE: #5.5.0 smtp;550 Command rejected for policy reasons - 28.Sep.2006 7:51:00 PM   
GeeZuZz

I recieve the same error when sending to hotmail, but I'm fairly sure that is because i've been blacklisted after sending spam.

One of the computers on the network got infected with a virus, and started sending spam, resulting in blacklist at some DNS-blacklists. We noticed the spam issue very fast, and thus managed to unplugg it from internet within an hour - and we are already been removed from the DNS server that blacklisted ut (after 24 hours) - but hotmail still blocks emails from us.

Is it usual to blacklist spammers for more than 24 hours? How long? Are there anything we can do?

It's now almost 48 hours since the last spam message was sent.

Edit:
I checked my IP here: http://www.dnsstuff.com and was listed on 2 of the 270 blacklists. I was able to remove myself from one of them, but the other claims 50EUR for removing me, else i have to wait 7 days.

adellicott: Check if your server is liste at http://www.dnsstuff.com (upper middle)

< Message edited by GeeZuZz -- 28.Sep.2006 8:01:50 PM >

(in reply to adellicott)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> #5.5.0 smtp;550 Command rejected for policy reasons Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter