• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

(solved) Installation fails - "Strong name validation failed"

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> (solved) Installation fails - "Strong name validation failed" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
(solved) Installation fails - "Strong name validat... - 10.Jul.2008 12:20:08 PM   
underlig

I'm trying to install Exchange 2007 on a brand new installation of Windows Server 2008 x64 Standard.

Mailserver is just running Exchange, there is another (2008x64std) server as domain controller running Active Directory in server 2008-mode and a third server running sql.

I managed to get Exchange running on the mailserver sometime early this week but when i started messing around with OWA/OMA i broke something and ended up reinstalling the mailserver. The AD had already been infested with exchange-stuff so i reinstalled the domain controller too just to be safe.

Now the funny thing, i cannot install Exchange again. These are two completely fresh server installations but i still get an error saying
quote:

An unexpected error has occurred and debug information is being generated: Could not load file or assembly 'BPA.UserInterface, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. Strong name validation failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013141A)

This is both when i use the graphical view and when i use setup.com /

Google gives me nothing, i've already reinstalled the servers twice today and they have to be deployed next week. Going insane here...

Welcome to Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Unattended Setup

Preparing Exchange Setup

No server roles will be installed

Performing Microsoft Exchange Server Prerequisite Check

An unexpected error has occurred and debug information is being generated: Could not load file or assembly 'BPA.UserInterface, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. Strong name validation failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013141A)

Exchange Server setup encountered an error.

< Message edited by underlig -- 11.Jul.2008 3:45:23 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Installation fails - "Strong name validation f... - 10.Jul.2008 12:35:34 PM   
Exchange_Geek

I think i have a solution in hand, just wanted to read a bit in-depth into your Exchange Setup logs to verify if the solution which i have is for the same issue.

(in reply to underlig)
Post #: 2
RE: Installation fails - "Strong name validation f... - 10.Jul.2008 12:43:04 PM   
underlig

I pasted it to http://pastebin.ca/1068244

< Message edited by underlig -- 10.Jul.2008 12:44:38 PM >

(in reply to Exchange_Geek)
Post #: 3
RE: Installation fails - "Strong name validation f... - 10.Jul.2008 12:54:21 PM   
Exchange_Geek

Can you check do you have KB 926776 as a hotfix ? Also, it seems you have not run the pre-req commands.

/prepareschema
/prepareAD

Have a look at what setup logs mention.
    [2008-07-10 18:36:05] [0] Schema Update Required Status : 'True'. [2008-07-10 18:36:05] [0] Organization Configuration Update Required Status : 'True'. [2008-07-10 18:36:05] [0] Domain Configuration Update Required Status : 'True'

(in reply to underlig)
Post #: 4
RE: Installation fails - "Strong name validation f... - 10.Jul.2008 1:10:33 PM   
underlig

I do not have that KB installed, all mine start with 94 or 95

/prepareschema gives me the same errors as before. I'm downloading the hotfix and trying it now

**edit
Unable to install the hotfix, "the program to be updated may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program".

I cannot download .net 2.0 since it's already installed by the operating system, and the .net 2.0 sp1 isn't supported on "vista operating systems"

< Message edited by underlig -- 10.Jul.2008 1:14:23 PM >

Post #: 5
RE: Installation fails - "Strong name validation f... - 10.Jul.2008 1:25:12 PM   
Exchange_Geek

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc164343(EXCHG.80).aspx

Read the last column which refers to the .Net Framework update

(in reply to underlig)
Post #: 6
RE: Installation fails - "Strong name validation f... - 10.Jul.2008 2:09:29 PM   
underlig

quote:

ORIGINAL: Exchange_Geek

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc164343(EXCHG.80).aspx

Read the last column which refers to the .Net Framework update

sadly i get the same error with that update, ""the program to be updated may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program"."

I'm just going to get a good nights sleep, reinstall the server (or all of them) in the morning and try again. i just hope i can put this out of my head for a few hours now

Post #: 7
RE: Installation fails - "Strong name validation f... - 11.Jul.2008 1:39:27 AM   
underlig

You're not going to believe this.

Coming in to work 30 minutes earlier today i tried running the setup again, same errors.
I then put in another media (the action-pack disc with exchange 2007 sp1) and it works, i now get the message that the AD isn't prepared yet and that i should install other features before installing Exchange.

Trying the original setup once more gave me the errors i got yesterday.

The original setup comes from a downloaded from microsoft.com, SW_DVD9_NTRL_Exchange_Svr_Ent_2007w_SP1_X64_English_STD_ENT_( removed, is this key unique for us? ).ISO
Burned on a dvd9 with verification and redownloaded after some dlls was unreadable.

So basically i have narrowed the problem down to the media i tried installing from
1) the .iso from microsoft.com is faulty or something went wrong in the transfer and the downloadmanager never checks crc
OR
2) files were unpacked to domaincontroller and transfered over the network to the mailserver and somehow got flagged in windows as insecure.

At $100/hour, spending 16+ hours trying to install this d*mn thing is not what the customer is going to want to pay for..

(in reply to underlig)
Post #: 8
RE: Installation fails - "Strong name validation f... - 11.Jul.2008 3:00:19 AM   
Exchange_Geek

Trust me the installation had caused major problems for Exchange 2007. There were very very few instances of such sort at Exchange 2007 as per my sources.

Also, there has been only "one" instance which was solved by re-downloading the DVD media. Reason why i was insisting on getting that .Net fixed was the hex code what you pointed out.

Well, im happy atleast the downloading the new media got issue solved.

(in reply to underlig)
Post #: 9
RE: Installation fails - "Strong name validation f... - 11.Jul.2008 3:44:19 AM   
underlig

Thank you for all your input and suggestions, i now have a fully working Exchange 2007 installation thanks to the downloaded version of Exchange SP1

Also following msexchange.org - installing exchange 2007 helped a great deal.

Post #: 10

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> (solved) Installation fails - "Strong name validation failed" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter