• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

*FIXED* Unable to connect to exchange server via outlook client

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> *FIXED* Unable to connect to exchange server via outlook client Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
*FIXED* Unable to connect to exchange server via outloo... - 29.Aug.2006 9:52:05 PM   
tsweb1

I am having the same problem that many people have encountered before; my problem is that I have reinstalled windows and exchange 3 times configuring it in several different ways and my users still cannot connect via outlook client. 

Server 2003 SP1 Enterprise Edition
Exchange Version: 6.5.6944.0
Clients- Windows XP Pro with Outlook 2003

nathan@mally.us

< Message edited by tsweb1 -- 3.Sep.2006 7:56:10 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Unable to connect to exchange server via outlook cl... - 30.Aug.2006 2:13:18 AM   
Hartman

Take a look at both DNS and wins, make sure all the settings are correct. Use ping to test shortnames and FQDN

Hartman

(in reply to tsweb1)
Post #: 2
RE: Unable to connect to exchange server via outlook cl... - 3.Sep.2006 7:58:05 PM   
tsweb1

Simple process involved!  Create DNS Records/Zones Forward and Reverse Lookups with a large network setting and then point WINS to your server IP Address!  If you think you have a problem with this I will be glad to help out!

Nathan

(in reply to Hartman)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> *FIXED* Unable to connect to exchange server via outlook client Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter