• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

2000/2003 Public Folder Issues

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> 2000/2003 Public Folder Issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2000/2003 Public Folder Issues - 26.Feb.2009 4:21:52 PM   
amadrigal

Hi everyone,

Having some issues with our Public Folders in Exchange. To get you up to speed, we had two servers running exchange 2000. Prior to my starting here they had one set up for mail and one for public folders. A few months ago, I upgraded the mail server to exchange 2003 and everything had been running smoothly until a few weeks ago. First signs we noticed was that we were not able to delete contacts in the public folders. We would get a message that could not be deleted because they were moved, already deleted, or access denied. One of the folders also has every contact listed twice. Then a trip to the server room gave me an error every time I tried to make changes back there (Operation failed due to internal server error. ID no: c1030af2). I haven't been able to find much info on fixing this issue.

I am wondering if there are any fixes for this? Other thing I have thought about is just moving the contents of public folders to the 2003 machine if that will fix the problem. We don't really use that other machine for anything other than some networked folders, so we don't need to be running exchange on it. Are these replication problems between 2000/2003? I don't know how to check if everything is replicating properly. If it is, could I somehow point Exchange to use the public folders in 03 instead of 00?

Any help that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Post #: 1
RE: 2000/2003 Public Folder Issues - 27.Feb.2009 9:40:50 AM   
rsmudliar123

You said Upgraded. Is it an inplace upgrade or a fresh installation on a new H/W?

Dealing with PF contacts is again a difficult task.

Are you able to access those PF contacts using OL.

If yes then right click the folder and copy them and move them to .pst file.

Once that is done then you can delete the unwanted contacts from there.

After that once again move the folder back to the same location.

Thanks
Sunder

"Imagination is always good only as long as it remains practical"

(in reply to amadrigal)
Post #: 2
RE: 2000/2003 Public Folder Issues - 1.Mar.2009 4:14:26 AM   
gladone

I go with rsmudliar123.. If you can't access PF using OL.. use Pfdavadmin to remove any item level permission.. hope this helps.

(in reply to rsmudliar123)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> 2000/2003 Public Folder Issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter