• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

2010 Dag Site resilient Configuration

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> 2010 Dag Site resilient Configuration Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2010 Dag Site resilient Configuration - 11.Oct.2011 12:38:56 PM   
pslager

Hi,

I read Henrik's article about planning for a DAG and I have a few questions.

Our Corporate Office which we can call our primary site has an Exchange Mailbox Server, and then another server that does CAS, HUB, Etc. We want to deploy a DAG to our DR site and wondered if I can get away with putting all of the roles on one server or not or If I need to have them setup exactly the same.

Finally Henrik's article was a good overview but does anyone have a step by step guide that goes through the configuration of a DAG? I am assuming the first step is to just install the duplicate Exchange Servers at the DR site and then start the DAG configuration.
Post #: 1
RE: 2010 Dag Site resilient Configuration - 11.Oct.2011 12:53:15 PM   
de.blackman

Splitting up the roles onto different servers in such a configuration is do-able! However if you plan to use Windows based network load balancing for either the hub transport and\or the CAS roles, then they cannot be combined with the mailbox role (Network Load Balancing and Windows failover clustering can't be installed on the same server).

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to pslager)
Post #: 2
RE: 2010 Dag Site resilient Configuration - 11.Oct.2011 12:57:03 PM   
pslager

Thank you for the feedback. I didnt really think about using NLB. DO you recommend an Active/Active setup with the same namespace then if I am going to leverage NLB?

(in reply to de.blackman)
Post #: 3
RE: 2010 Dag Site resilient Configuration - 6.Nov.2011 1:55:21 PM   
zay1967

In regards to your NLB question, are you implementing a CAS Array? An Active/Active scenario is ok, but it does utilize bandwith (all the time) rather than an Active/Passive (when it time to activate the passive)

(in reply to pslager)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> 2010 Dag Site resilient Configuration Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter