• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

2 Domains, NT4 & W2k, Exchange 2000 and Trusts

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> 2 Domains, NT4 & W2k, Exchange 2000 and Trusts Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2 Domains, NT4 & W2k, Exchange 2000 and Trusts - 13.Jan.2004 9:27:00 AM   
Quindo Ma

Greetings,

I've recently been trying to establish a trust relationship between our two company domains, but keep running into the problem of not being able to access the exchange database once the trust is active.
Our setup is as follows:
Our old domain, to be removed sometime in the future, is run on an NT4 Server and up until half a year ago had our Exchange Server on the BDC (Exchange 5.5).
After multiple problems resulting from harddrive errors, we dissed the old BDC, and replaced it with a new Win2k Server, in a new Domain, and used Exchange Server 2000 (we're small, so managing the few users isn't a problem).
We created the same users in the new Domain and moved the mail from the old server to the new one.

Since the users are the same in both domains (both logon and passwords), they can access their Exchange Inboxes without any hassle.
Not anymore once the trust is activated. I suspect that the w2k server tries to authenticate the users that are logged on to the NT4 domain through the trust, instead of using the local usernames and passwords from it's own server (seems logical/trust basics 101).

My main concern now is, that I wish to give the users from the NT4 Domain access to their respective inboxes from the W2k Domain Exchange Server. Any ideas how to achieve this, while still using the trust relationship? Grant the users from the old domain access rights to the new domains inboxes? If so, how? (I might figure that one out on myself if it's possible)
Post #: 1
RE: 2 Domains, NT4 & W2k, Exchange 2000 and Trusts - 13.Jan.2004 9:50:00 AM   
Quindo Ma

Greetings again.
Nevermind my post, I think I figured it out.
After reading a couple of tutorials, I stumbled accross Mark Fugatt's Allowing Users to Access Multiple Mailboxes or Creating a Group Mailbox. After enabling the advanced features, I saw where I could enable the mailbox access, and did so. Now everything is working just fine.
Just shows that I should probably search a bit more thoroughly before asking.
Regards
Quin

(in reply to Quindo Ma)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> 2 Domains, NT4 & W2k, Exchange 2000 and Trusts Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter