• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

5.5 to 2k3; ADC connection agreement wizrd-5.5 server in correct org?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> 5.5 to 2k3; ADC connection agreement wizrd-5.5 server in correct org? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5.5 to 2k3; ADC connection agreement wizrd-5.5 server i... - 20.Sep.2008 3:32:10 AM   
wrollins

overview:
exchange migration newbie here looking to migrate/upgrade exchange 5.5 to a separate server running exchange 2003 within the same domain but running into problems with ADC connection agreement wizard... servers are in "different orgs"

background:
- single forest topology in domainABC
- email@domain1.com is being hosted by exchange 5.5 server joined to domainABC
- email@domain2.com is being hosted by exchange 2k3 server also joined to domainABC
- trying to get this new exchange 2k3 server to take the place of the old exchange 5.5 server and begin hosting/administering all the yet-to-be migrated mailboxes for email@domain1.com

went through the wizard step by step trying to add the new exchange 2k3 server and ran forestprep, domainprep, etc...

ADC Tools errors out at step 4 trying to run the connection agreement wizard with "Error: The organization o=domain2 is already installed into this forest but the configured 5.5 server is a member of organization o=domain1. Please choose a 5.5 server in the correct Org."

adsiedit.msc indeed reveals the presence of the exchange 2003 server hosting email@domain2.com within the same domain but obviously shows nothing for the exchange 5.5 server hosting email@domain1.com because there is no AD integration with exchange 5.5.....

so the "new" exchange 2k3 server seems like it's trying to add itself as an additional server to the existing exchange 2003 one hosting email@domain2.com... how can i make it see the 5.5 server hosting email@domain1.com to complete the migration? do i need to manually create a new recipient connection agreement for the old 5.5 server within ADC on the new server to define the link (and then replicate?)? or how can i use the exchange move server wizard to switch organizations for the 5.5 server?

i understand that an active directory forest can only host a single exchange organization, but i don't want to complicate things by creating an additional forest if at all possible....

< Message edited by wrollins -- 20.Sep.2008 3:18:18 PM >
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> 5.5 to 2k3; ADC connection agreement wizrd-5.5 server in correct org? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter