• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Compliance >> 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
550 5.7.1 Unable to relay - 18.Mar.2008 11:54:02 AM   
hdamis

I have an application which send emails to external via our smtp and did a recive connector it sends only to emails to our smtp but to external as yahoo or hotmail it give the follwing error .
Sorry but the following error ocuured The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response was: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay , please refer to you administrator for more information.
I am using exchange 2007 sp1
Post #: 1
RE: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay - 18.Mar.2008 1:59:58 PM   
Elan Shudnow

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/12/28/432013.aspx

I would do option 2 to grant relaying.

One thing to keep in mind, is you would need 2 IP Address.  This is unless you specify a remote server IP Address on the relay connector.  When the Hub Transport receives a relay attempt from a server, if it notices there is a connector with an explicitly defined ip address instead of 0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255, it will use that connector which has the relay enabled negating the need for a second IP Address for relaying.

Make sure you follow all those steps including doing the Add-ADPermission for the connector to allow the anonymous logon group to relay using that connector.

Elan Shudnow
Exchange MVP
http://www.shudnow.net

(in reply to hdamis)
Post #: 2
RE: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay - 18.Mar.2008 2:58:25 PM   
hdamis

thanks,
it workes after the restart

(in reply to Elan Shudnow)
Post #: 3
RE: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay - 26.Apr.2011 3:27:49 AM   
coralee

Hello,

Many times Outlook does not work properly due to number of reasons as a result you may come across with number of problems like unable to send mails. Some reason behind this problem is problem with the mail configuration, connection problem in ISP or the PST file is corrupted.

In order to solve this problem and send mails you need to create new Outlook profile, if this works then it is great. In case you were not successful to send mails after this process was completed then you need to check whether TCP/ IP is your default protocol or not, if not then you need to change it.

In case this problem is not solved by any of the above methods then you need to repair Outlook 2003 to fix the corruption issues associated with Outlook 2003. This tool is able to fix this issue you need to repair Outlook 2003 and solve this error.
If none of the above process was helpful then you need to repair Outlook 2003 earliest by using outlook 2003 repair tool in order to fix the corruption issue. It is helpful to fix all the problems associated with Outlook 2003.

(in reply to hdamis)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Compliance >> 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter