• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

A few exchange messaging issues

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> A few exchange messaging issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A few exchange messaging issues - 3.Jan.2008 11:57:09 AM   
alltheselives

I am having a few exchange issues.
First of all - I am running qmail from a Linux box. I have several domains that I am running email for on this Linux box. 3 of these domains are smart hosted to my exchange environment. So anytime someone sends and email to whoever@naaleads.com it is automatically routed to the exchange server. Here is my issue. I can email almost anyone in the world, except 2 domains that i have on my linux box. Is there something im missing in my set up? Basically when i send a message from inside my exchange environment - it gets held up in the queue and never moves on to the 2 domains that exist on qmail.

Secondly, I cannot email hotmail! I get a message saying that i am violating their policy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-M
Post #: 1
RE: A few exchange messaging issues - 3.Jan.2008 4:58:27 PM   
rishishah

Sending mail to the domians on the Linux box...are you using DNS MX Records or do you have a Send connector set up in Exchange 2007.

For hotmail does it tell you what you are violating...are you on a blacklist or does your mail server not send out the header which is the same as your mx record?

Rishi Shah, MCP

Remember to backup before applying the advice. www.saiconsult.co.uk. Happy to provide Professional Exchange Server Consultancy to anywhere in the world.

(in reply to alltheselives)
Post #: 2
RE: A few exchange messaging issues - 4.Jan.2008 12:04:01 PM   
alltheselives

I have a send connector set up on exchange - i am also running an edge transport server. So i have the 2 send connectors set by the edge synchronization on the edge transport server (default and client).  Maybe there is an issue somewhere between my main exchange server role and the edge?

as for hotmail this is the error i get.
bay0-mc6-f22.bay0.hotmail.com #550 OU-002 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. Reasons for rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or IP/domain reputation problems. If you are not an email/network admin please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for help. Email/network admins, please visit http://postmaster.live.com for email delivery information and support ##
As far as i know i am not on a blacklist.

This is all new to me, im still learning :-)

Thanks,
-M

(in reply to rishishah)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> A few exchange messaging issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter