• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ActiveSync & Nokia Mail 4 Exchange

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> ActiveSync & Nokia Mail 4 Exchange Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ActiveSync & Nokia Mail 4 Exchange - 8.Mar.2009 2:58:21 PM   
bjblackmore

Hi,

We're currently running Exchange 2003 Sp2, and have had ActiveSync/Nokia Mail for Exchange working for about a year. Now I'm testing Exchange 2007 Sp1 but seem to be running into problems with the setup.

So far, I've setup a new Windows 2003 R2 x64 server, and installed Exchange 2007 Sp1, on a different domain to the one we actually use (our main domain is a .com, and our test domain is a .net), to keep them separate until I'm happy with the setup/deployment. I've setup the sending and receiving connectors, and have tested mail is working. I've created a new web certificate from the .net CA, using a wildcard certificate *.domain.net (we use a wildcard certificate in our .com domain with Mail for Exchange (M4E)), and assigned it to the Default Web Site, I can login to OWA, and the certificate seems to work with out. I've setup ActiveSync under 'Server Config > Client Access', as I 'think' it should be, but not 100% sure. However, when I try and connect using my Nokia E71 and M4E v2.07, I get an error - 'Error in Exchange server. Try again later.'

I've gone over everything twice, but am unsure what is causing the error. One thing I'm not sure about is the External URL, we use mobile.domain.com/.net as the url for M4E, this works with Exchange 2003, is it OK to do the same for Exchange 2007? The Exchange 2007 server has the FQDN exchange2007.domain.net. I've set the external url in ActiveSync setup as https://mobile.domain.net/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync is this OK?

Any help much appreciated

Ben
Post #: 1
RE: ActiveSync & Nokia Mail 4 Exchange - 8.Mar.2009 5:31:06 PM   
jveldh

Ben,

Have a look at this site:

http://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/ this will let you test ActiveSync and will give you a detailed error description.

Best regards,

Johan Veldhuis

Visit my Exchange blog

(in reply to bjblackmore)
Post #: 2
RE: ActiveSync & Nokia Mail 4 Exchange - 9.Mar.2009 4:46:21 AM   
bjblackmore

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I used that tool, and get the following error:
"An HTTP 500 response was returned from ISA"
(I forgot to mention above that we publish sites using ISA 2006).
Googling around this seems to be an error between the certificate & the name of the site, so to test if the wildcard certificate was causing the problem I've created a new certificate for mobile.domain.net, and exported it to the ISA server, and installed it to the ActiveSync listener. However, after running the test again, I still get the same 'HTTP 500' error.
Viewing the site in IE, I get a similar error:

Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted. (-2146893019)

So I downloaded & installed the domain.net root certificated into my trusted CAs listed (both user & computer), but the error still appears. How come IE thinks the cert chain isn't trusted when its in the trusted root CAs? Could this be what's causing the problem on the phone/connectivity test site? I've told the phone to permanently trust the certificate, and set the site to ignore SSL errors.

Many thanks

Ben

EDIT: Sorted it! Had to install the root CA on the ISA server for ISA to be able to trust the certificate! Thats for the help, that site helped me narrow down the cause of the problem!

< Message edited by bjblackmore -- 9.Mar.2009 5:08:03 AM >

(in reply to jveldh)
    Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
    All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> ActiveSync & Nokia Mail 4 Exchange Page: [1]
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter