• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ActiveSync Proxying

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> ActiveSync Proxying Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ActiveSync Proxying - 3.Jun.2011 10:22:26 AM   
jb7102

OK, Feel free to call me an idiot, but I am having some basic issues trying to proxy ActiveSync. I have OWA proxy proxying to my non-Internet-facing AD site, and I understand the concept well enough (I think).

BUT....

When I go to EMC, I see where the Internal and External URL needs to be changed (Just like OWA), but documentation says I need to have Integrated Authentication turned on (again, just like OWA) at my non-Internet-facing CAS. Problem is, the ActiveSync Tab does not have that option. Only one check-box for Basic and a couple certificate options. Where do I turn on Integrated Windows Authentication for ActiveSync? IIS shows "Windows Authentication" for the virtual directory. Is that it?

Signed,
I'm sure it's easy, I'm just an idiot.
Post #: 1
RE: ActiveSync Proxying - 20.Jun.2011 11:03:36 PM   
Ytsejamer1

you are very close, *edit* and actually were correct.  By no means are you an idiot.  CAS to CAS proxying took me a ton of time to get working and figure out the surrounding issues...and I'm not totally sure of each little setting, but I know i have it working and it is secure (knocks on wood).  I thought the CAS stuff was the hardest concept to digest and implement.

If running IIS7.x on your non-public CAS, go to IIS manager.  Non-Public CAS > Sites > Default Website > Microsoft Server-ActiveSync and go into the Authentication settings.  Enable Windows Authentication there.  I'm in the middle of some work, so I can't verify the 2003/IIS6 settings, but that should point you in the right direction.

The EMC actually does mention other SSL settings should be checked in the server's IIS.  Even though its not a specific SSL setting, that is where you want to look. You were correct.

< Message edited by Ytsejamer1 -- 20.Jun.2011 11:06:09 PM >

(in reply to jb7102)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> ActiveSync Proxying Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter