• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ActiveSync error 0x80072F17

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> ActiveSync error 0x80072F17 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ActiveSync error 0x80072F17 - 13.Sep.2007 1:21:47 AM   
damiancullen

HI Guys,

Ive recently installed Exchange 2007, and all that i have setup so far has been working fine including OWA.

The main reason for the upgrade was to begin to ustilise the wireless email functionality between exchange and some PDA's that senior management would like to use when they travel overseas.

I am testing one PDA, the internet connection is working but when i try to sync i receive the error 0x80072F17, which i have found is something to do with not havinga trusted certifcate in IIS on the server.

When i check IIS the certificate that was installed with exchange says "The CA root certificate is not trusted. To Enable trust, install the certifcate in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store.:

Firstly, how do i install that,

And secondly, do i need a 3rd party certificate, from say thawte, to enable the direct oush to work between the PDA and Exchange.

Is there anything else i need to setup on the server?

Thanks in advance

damian
Post #: 1
RE: ActiveSync error 0x80072F17 - 9.Oct.2007 1:44:31 PM   
NeuroNetProcessor

damiancullen,

I had struggled with the same problem for about 2 weeks before giving up and contacting the powers to be.

Are you using windows mobile 5 devices? Mobile 5 and some phones with mobile 6 are NOT compatible with exchange 2007 yet.  The new Motorola Q, the treo 700w/wx, xv6700 etc to name a few are not for use with exchange 2007.

Your error IS an ssl error, however after contacting palm, verizon, usstarcom, and others, that is the answer I received.  Check your mobile versions.

NeuroNetProcessor
"The Microsoft Troubleshooter. Bang! Bang!"

(in reply to damiancullen)
Post #: 2
RE: ActiveSync error 0x80072F17 - 12.Oct.2007 10:35:04 AM   
Elan Shudnow

Mobile 5 and Mobile 6 work just fine with Exchange Server 2007.  You need Mobile 6 to acheive all the features that Exchange Server 2007 provides.

Yes, you will want to use a third party certificate.  I would make sure you get one that signs their certificate using the root server.  For instance, Verisign signs their new SSL certificates using their Intermediate Server.  Because Mobile devices do not support certificiate chaining, you will have to install the intermediate certificate on each device still.

So there are a few things you can do.
1. Get a third party certificate which is already trusted by your mobile devices
2. Get a third party certificate which is already trusted by your mobile devices which is signed by an intermediate store which means you will have to still install the intermediate certificate on mobile devices
3. Use your own certificate, but import the root certificate into the root certificate store on all your mobile devices.

Also, when you enter your credentials in Activesync, make sure you put the netbios name of your domain, not the FQDN.  I'm not sure if this is the case with all mobile devices, but when I connect my Palm Treo 700w to Exchange 2007 Server, if I put in the FQDN of my domain, it will give me an Active Sync error.  But when I put in the NetBios name, it'll sync up just fine.

Hope that helps.

(in reply to NeuroNetProcessor)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> ActiveSync error 0x80072F17 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter