• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ActiveSync in Exchange 2010

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> ActiveSync in Exchange 2010 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ActiveSync in Exchange 2010 - 27.Oct.2011 1:43:39 PM   
Fletchi18

We're migrating from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010. We're currently a Blackberry shop, but like almost every company out there, we're under pressure to open things up a bit and get iOS and Android device on our system.
What kind of security is available through 2010? I seem to remember it is far more robust than 2003. Like you can create policies, see which devices are connected to your system, etc. Are these things true with 2010?
What would adding something like Good to our environment get us over using only ActiveSync?
Post #: 1
RE: ActiveSync in Exchange 2010 - 28.Oct.2011 3:34:45 PM   
jveldh

Hi,

Well you can't compare the policies of ActiveSync and BlackBerry. The BB are able to give you far more control then the ActiveSync.

The ActiveSync will let you configure some security settings such as: pincode security etc. And will let you disable some options.

I would recommend to have a look if those policies are meeting your requirements. If not have a look at the additional admin tools available from the vendors.

Regards,
Johan

Best regards,

Johan Veldhuis

Visit my Exchange blog

(in reply to Fletchi18)
Post #: 2
RE: ActiveSync in Exchange 2010 - 17.Nov.2011 3:19:52 AM   
shanmarsh1

The problem I had was when trying to sync my Evo 4g to Exchange 2010 ...

Body Armour | Safeguard Clothing

(in reply to jveldh)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> ActiveSync in Exchange 2010 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter