• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ActiveSync not working after migration to Exchange 07 from 03

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> ActiveSync not working after migration to Exchange 07 from 03 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ActiveSync not working after migration to Exchange 07 f... - 23.Jul.2009 8:48:59 PM   
ed72oc

I have just migrated users to Exchange 07 (running on srv03)from 03 and since the migration mobile phones that were using activesync are no longer getting messages. I have changed the setting on my firewall (Cisco ASA) to change the NAT from the 03 to the 07 CAS/Hub Transport Server. I have a SSL cert from verisign and OWA works perfectly. I have even tried installing the cert directly on the phone. Any idea or tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ed
Post #: 1
RE: ActiveSync not working after migration to Exchange ... - 24.Jul.2009 9:25:16 AM   
de.blackman

What happens when the user tries to connect from the device? Are any errors being generated on the device or the exchange server(s)? Have you tried reconfiguring the account on the device? Can the user access OWA from the device?

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to ed72oc)
Post #: 2
RE: ActiveSync not working after migration to Exchange ... - 24.Jul.2009 9:34:49 AM   
ed72oc

When the user tries to connect from the phone he gets a sync error after clicking on more info it shows a support code: 0x80072F17 or 0x80072f0d. The users can access OWA through the web with no problems. I have deleted the account and recreated it to no avail.

Thanks Ed

(in reply to de.blackman)
Post #: 3
RE: ActiveSync not working after migration to Exchange ... - 24.Jul.2009 9:52:03 AM   
de.blackman

quote:

The users can access OWA through the web with no problems

I assume you mean from the device? Do you get a certificate warning when accessing OWA from the device? Do you have all the trusted root certificates installed on the device from verisign?

Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to ed72oc)
Post #: 4
RE: ActiveSync not working after migration to Exchange ... - 24.Jul.2009 9:55:50 AM   
ed72oc

Yes, the errors are from the device. There is no certificate warning on the device when access OWA on it. I exported the cert from IIS in the mail server and then copied it to the phone and installed it. I am not sure what you mean by "all" the trusted root certs from verisign? I just installed the cert from the mail server on the phone.

Thanks Ed

(in reply to de.blackman)
Post #: 5
RE: ActiveSync not working after migration to Exchange ... - 24.Jul.2009 10:07:34 AM   
de.blackman

I tend to use and also recommend Entrust certificates for my clients. Entrust UCC certificates now have 2 root certificates that need to be installed on the server(s) and the device. I am not sure if VeriSign uses one but from your statement it appears the device already has all trusted certificates since you are not getting any certificate prompts.

Can you run a test by creating a new user with a new mailbox in Exchange and have it configured to use activesync through the device? This will tell us if the issue is happening because of the migration or it is happening because of some misconfiguration.

Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to ed72oc)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> ActiveSync not working after migration to Exchange 07 from 03 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter