• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Active Directory Connector

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Active Directory Connector Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Active Directory Connector - 27.Sep.2000 10:05:00 AM   
Where can I find specific and detailed information regarding ADC? I need to plan a migration from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000, and I am aware that ADC will be needed. Not to mention, NT and AD domains, mixed environments all add up to a lot of fun. I also need to determine whether the ADC will require it's own dedicated server. Thanks for the help.
  Post #: 1
RE: Active Directory Connector - 27.Sep.2000 11:05:00 AM   
Pesciguy

I was looking for the same kind of info. Search your technet or the MS Knowledgebase and search Microsoft Technet for pt101 - deploying the active directory connector. It's not the easiest to find. It's based on beta stuff, but it seems to be the only info MS has so far.
Hope it helps. Let me know if you can't find it, maybe I can send you the doc.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 2
RE: Active Directory Connector - 30.Sep.2000 10:18:00 AM   
moften

There's another whitepaper on coexistence, I think it's the E2KGuide that has the steps for deploying and configuring the ADC. Good stuff

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 3
RE: Active Directory Connector - 4.Oct.2000 1:37:00 PM   
That a good place to start. You may also want to try the Planning & Installation Guide (chpt 16). It discusses co-existance. That's the way we did it. Co-exist add the ADC and don't forget to change LDAP ports on the old system, then MOVE mailboxes to new server when the dust has settled. We had no end of problems with in-place upgrades. Mind you, it was using SR2.

Good luck

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Active Directory Connector Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter