• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Adding New Exchange Server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Adding New Exchange Server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Adding New Exchange Server - 27.Jan.2006 5:31:32 PM   
skrall

Doing work for an electrical company who wants to move from a workgroup environment to a server environment including Exchange. They currently have a domain name, website and they retreive their email from their ISP via a browser. Have not installed Windows 2003 SBS yet so they are still in a workgroup.
I have 2 questions:
1) must I make their domain name on the server different than their current domain name?
2) how would I get their current email into their Outlook
Post #: 1
RE: Adding New Exchange Server - 27.Jan.2006 8:42:48 PM   
ggggum

Hi

1. You can use their existing domin name for the internal dns structure if you wish. 

2. Can you download the existing mail via pop  from the isp ? if so you can import it into the mailbox via outlook.

if they are a small company have you looked at hosted exchange ?

(in reply to skrall)
Post #: 2
RE: Adding New Exchange Server - 27.Jan.2006 9:02:17 PM   
skrall

thanks for the reply.....
I'm not sure if they can download their mail. By hosted exchange do you mean do I plan on installing Exchange? Yes..I plan on installing Exchange 2003. If they can't download their email...could I setup POP3 and SMTP on Exchange and have them get their current POP3 mail then remove the POP3....correct? Or what are my options?

(in reply to skrall)
Post #: 3
RE: Adding New Exchange Server - 27.Jan.2006 10:38:56 PM   
ggggum

yes you can setup a pop connector download their email, remove the connector and then just use smtp.

hosted exchange is where a third party hosting company runs the exchange server and you connct over the internet. we have found it useful for sme's , very scalable as the company grows, you only pay for the number of mailboxes o a monthly basis, they can also backup, spam filter and archive if you want.

(in reply to skrall)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Adding New Exchange Server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter