• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Adding exchange 2003 company email onto my ipad2 :-(

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> Adding exchange 2003 company email onto my ipad2 :-( Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Adding exchange 2003 company email onto my ipad2 :-( - 25.Aug.2011 2:13:07 PM   
scott7saunders

Hello,

I really hope that there is someone out there that can help me as I am sort of losing the will to live with trying to sync my company work email which is on exchange 2003 and my iPad 2's email client.

Basically nothing seems to work, the settings that our IT support don't work and they are fresh out of ideas.

If I want to work from home, I need to use windows to create a VPN connection to the server at work and then use remote desktop to display my office pc's desktop on my home computer. If I want to use just email then I can access outlook web access using a URL such as https://server.domain name.co.uk/exchange but if I enter this OWA URL into my iPad as the exchange server it does not connect to anything. My log on details are all correct however it's as if it can't see the server..

The strange thing is that if I create a VPN first on the iPad then I can connect to email and disconnect however that defeats the object of having push email.

What do you think?
Post #: 1
RE: Adding exchange 2003 company email onto my ipad2 :-( - 1.Sep.2011 11:34:43 AM   
pjhutch

To avoid the use of a VPN you will need to configure your Front End Exchange server with OWA installed to be visible and accessible over the internet which means giving it a public IP address and accessible over the firewall over ports 80 and 443.

Peter Hutchison MCP
Exchange Administrator
University of Huddersfield

(in reply to scott7saunders)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> Adding exchange 2003 company email onto my ipad2 :-( Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter