• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Adding second domain name to all recipients?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> Adding second domain name to all recipients? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Adding second domain name to all recipients? - 5.Jun.2000 3:52:00 PM   
Our school district has recently registered a second domain name and I need an easy way to add that internet mail name to each existing recipient without doing each one manually. Technet suggests exporting the entire recipient database to an excel file, edit the file, then import that file back in. Sounds easy...but couldn't get it to take. Also, when I add a new user, I still have to manually add that secondary domain name to each mailbox. Any way to automate this so that both domain names will be automatically added to each new mail account. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  Post #: 1
RE: Adding second domain name to all recipients? - 5.Jun.2000 10:44:00 PM   
the directory export to excel is the only way I know ...and it really is quite simple.

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 2
RE: Adding second domain name to all recipients? - 7.Jun.2000 1:54:00 PM   
JasonL

You may need to use the HEADER.EXE tool, which comes with the Exchange Resource Kit, or if you have been on a MS course it comes on the CD. The program creates an Excel file with the header names in the top. Your CSV file may not be updating either due to the incorrect field name.

You may also need to add a second column in the CSV file with the header "Mode". The entries in the column below will need to be set as UPDATE.

Hope this is of use.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 3
RE: Adding second domain name to all recipients? - 8.Jun.2000 11:09:00 PM   
mister2

You are on the right track; I assume you set up the secondary domain name in the routing tab of the IMS? After that add the header "Secondary-Proxy-Addresses" in the csv file after you export it then create the new e-mail addresses. Even if the secondary addresses are already there, they will not export without this header already in the csv As for importing the csv when I first tried it I has some trouble with the directory name. DO NOT CHANGE THIS FIELD you can change any other field add, delete columns, etc. But the directory name needs to stay the same.

p.s. the microcrap article on the secondary address issue is:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q153/0/28.asp?LN=EN-US&SD=gn&FR=0

Have fun

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> Adding second domain name to all recipients? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter