• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Administrator no rights to open other Mailboxes

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> Administrator no rights to open other Mailboxes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Administrator no rights to open other Mailboxes - 5.Jan.2005 8:25:00 AM   
artl

Hy!Š

IŠve following Problem. I migrated my Exchange 2000 Standard to Enterprise.
Before I moved all the Mailboxes to another Enterprise Server with the same Service Pack.

After migration I moved all the Mailboxes Back to the original Exchange Server.

Everything seemed ok, till i wanted to open another Mailbox with the Domain Admin User. -- ACEESS DENIED

The rights at the Mailbox Store are ok. All permissions are the same like before migration.

If I take a User and give it directly FULL CONTROL Permissions at the Mailbox Store it doesnŠt act. If I give a User direct Permissions on a Mailbox he can open it.

I have more exchange Servers in one Organisation and the Replication work faultless.
`
I moved a Mailbox back to the Migration Server - Same Problem - I installed the Microsoft Patch for Exchagne SP3 - Same Problem

I my opinion it canŠt be a Permission Problem, because all permissions are the same like before and if I permit a usere directly on mailbox store it also donŠt work.

Does anybody has an idea how i can resolve this Problem????

THANKS
Post #: 1
RE: Administrator no rights to open other Mailboxes - 5.Jan.2005 1:38:00 PM   
Miracle

You have mentioned everything except the obvious, check the permissions tn the individual mailbox itself to see if the admin has rights to it [Smile]

Open AD Users & Computers. Select "Advanced Features" from the view menu in the console. If you open up the usesr properties and goto the "Exchange Advanced" tab you will see a new option appear called "Mailbox Rights," you can set permissions to the actual mailbox from in there.

(in reply to artl)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> Administrator no rights to open other Mailboxes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter