• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Alias names on received emails

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> Alias names on received emails Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Alias names on received emails - 20.Oct.2010 4:40:40 PM   
maker2254

I have just upgraded from exchange 2003 to 2007. I have an issue with alias in exchange 2007. I have a mailbox (newly created) and it has 10 aliases . I created this aliases for our development environment .We parse the emails based on the received email address (alias) with a third party software using MAPI and save the data (attachment,body etc.) in access database for further manipulation . For instance ,We have mysystem@domain.com mailbox newly created .That mailbox and aliases existed on 2003 server because of the mooving error we deleted and recreate it 2007 server. If we receive an email for pictures@domain.com (alias) thats for our employee badge, if the email is order@domain.com (alias) that email for new order requirement.These emails goes to mysystem@domain.com mailbox .In exchange 2003 when we receive the email we could see the alias addresses (pictures,orders etc ) as received email not the primary email (mysystem@domain.com). When I updated exchange to 2007 server I can not see or get the aliases (parse the addresses ) any more.Is there any settings that I need to know in exchange or AD . is there anything to do with Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1.
Thanks for the help

< Message edited by maker2254 -- 21.Oct.2010 9:58:06 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Alias names on received emails - 21.Oct.2010 10:57:52 PM   
choppol

I'm not sure if that is possible but you can create 3 mailbox one with each alias and then forward the other 2 emails to the primary one i.e. mailbox for order@domain.com, pictures@domain.com and have both forward it to mysystem@domain.com.

It's not a neat way of doing it but it's probably the easiest way.

(in reply to maker2254)
Post #: 2
RE: Alias names on received emails - 25.Oct.2010 4:18:43 PM   
maker2254

Thanks for the recommendation.
I thought about it but I have at least 12 aliases that makes 12 more email account (hard to maintain) and exchange licence at the end money:)
It used to work with exchange 2003 why not with exchnage 2007. There should be something .Comon guys need help. Why upgrade in Microsoft products always painful?

(in reply to choppol)
Post #: 3
RE: Alias names on received emails - 25.Oct.2010 8:13:04 PM   
choppol

You can have multiple aliases coming into one mailbox but to see what address it was sent to then you will need to look at the header of the message.

(in reply to maker2254)
Post #: 4
RE: Alias names on received emails - 26.Oct.2010 11:58:52 AM   
maker2254

Hi choppol thanks for your interest on the subject .
How Can I get the header of the message I have limited access to the software as a programmer.I only have access to the tags (to,from,cc,bcc etc ) i could write scripts though . Let me explain the flow , The software we have called Email2DB. It connects to exchnage server via IMAP and gets the email data from the emailbox such as (from, to, attachment, subject etc.) and saves the information in access.mdb file .The problem started after upgrading exchange 2007. The software now can not get the alias name , it only finds the primary email address from the mailbox. It used to work with exchange 2003 . i did not change any settings in the software . I am asuming there should be a settings in exchange 2007 so that i could get the alias address rather than primary email address . what would you think or suggest?

Thanks

(in reply to choppol)
Post #: 5
RE: Alias names on received emails - 28.Oct.2010 7:34:27 PM   
choppol

Check out this link for CDO
http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms/headers.htm

I had a thought, you can create a server side rule with a specific header message i.e. order@domain.com to go to a particular folder within myssytem@domain.com. And then create a outlook rule to put it in a particular folder within the mysystem mailbox.

(in reply to maker2254)
Post #: 6
RE: Alias names on received emails - 29.Oct.2010 10:03:40 AM   
maker2254

Creating server side Rule make more sense in my case. I have exchange 2007 can you help me how to create one. After every thing is done , would i be able to get the from name correct (order@domain.com) or would it be still mysystem@domain.com . If it is still mysystem@domain.com then it wont solve my problem

Thanks

(in reply to choppol)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> Alias names on received emails Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter