• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

All I need to do is share a calender.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> All I need to do is share a calender. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
All I need to do is share a calender. - 8.Oct.2006 7:07:34 PM   
deejaydaze

What do I really need to do in order to share an MS Outlook Calender?

I have 3 or 4 users that need to access the same calenders and I've seen exchange hosting for 3 users or 10 users, but nothing in between.  The company I'm working with needs a backup system anyhow so I was going to go with SBS 2k3 Standard on a Dell Server.  By the time they end up paying for the hosted servces over a year they could pay for the Dell....right? 

I just need to share a few calenders between users on XP Pro.  They have Outlook 2k3 installed and a hosted FQDN where they currently send and receive email via IMAP directly from the Internet.  I hope I'm making sense here.  I have an evaluation copy of SBS in a test environment and even though I can get to the SBS machine over the network, it takes forever to get "connected" to the Exchange mailbox.  Sometimes it fails to connect.  Any recommended reading ?

Don't be afraid to holler!  I'm a master of networking, but a rookie at Exchange.  I do have quite a bit of Experience with AD and that works to my advantage. 
Post #: 1
RE: All I need to do is share a calender. - 9.Oct.2006 1:18:06 AM   
deejaydaze

ok so after dinner I figured out that my test computer was using my ISP DNS instead of the SBS DNS.  I got that figured out and connected two test users.  My bad on that.  Sometimes you don't think enough or you just think too much. 

It still baffles me how I got Test User 1's calendar shared.  It just wasn't easy.  I set the user up manually instead of using the wizards.  I finally got the calendar shared once I deleted the user and used the wizard to create the user. 

Why is this sooo confusing to me?

I've read it's best to use .local if I plan to use their exsisting .com....is that best practice?

(in reply to deejaydaze)
Post #: 2
RE: All I need to do is share a calender. - 11.Oct.2006 12:50:32 AM   
deejaydaze

wow....I thought someone would reply by now

(in reply to deejaydaze)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> All I need to do is share a calender. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter