• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Another Cannot Connect to Exchange Server Issue

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Another Cannot Connect to Exchange Server Issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Another Cannot Connect to Exchange Server Issue - 5.Aug.2011 4:34:47 PM   
mokers

Hi Everybody,

I am having an issue where people in my organization are unable to connect to the Exchange server using Outlook. A little background. I am trying to install a new Exchange 2010 SP1 server in an organization that already had Exchange 2010.

In the original org, the transfer from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 was botched. I was able to remove Exchange 2003 completely and mail flow was working correctly on the old Exchange 2010 box. That computer is also a DC and it is running on a striped array with no mirroring, which I obviously wasn't comfortable with. I bought a new Exchange server a new backup DC.

I was able to transfer all of the FSMO roles over to the backup DC. I also was able to install exchange 2010 sp1 on the new server and transfer over all of the mailboxes. At some point in this switchover, something got screwed up and certain Outlook clients are not able to find the server any more.

Exchange 2010 server: Hub Transport, Client access Server, Outlook anywhere enabled
Exchange 2010 sp1 server: Hub Transport, Client access Server, Outlook anywhere disabled

First thing I checked was DNS. That appears to be OK. I can connect to both exchange servers without a problem. I thought perhaps it was a problem with the internal certificates because the original organization authority was on a DC that was demoted at some point. I created a new CA and issued new certs, but that didn't have any effect.

Exchange best practices analyzer shows that exchangeAB SPN wasn't listed on the old server. I used set spn to set ExchangeAB. For some reason, only the FQDN or NetBIOS name will take, but not both. I am not sure if that would make a difference.

Lastly, all users can still access either server using OWA. some old users can connect via outlook, but I am unable to connect to the Exchange server when I try to create a new outlook profile. I have tried in Outlook 2003 and 2010, with no change.

I have used a lot of the guides here to do migrations before and think it is one of the best resources. hoping that I can get some suggestions here before I rip my hair out (there's not much left).

Thanks again,

Joe
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Another Cannot Connect to Exchange Server Issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter