• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Another OAB 0x8004010f error

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Another OAB 0x8004010f error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Another OAB 0x8004010f error - 23.Feb.2012 1:14:47 PM   
wlee

I've done a lot of reading about this but still havent been able to download the address book. We're on Exchange 2010 with 2003, 2007, and 2010 clients. The change to our environment that might have triggered this was the addition of a new MBX server. I have verified Autodiscover works, checked the SSL certs, 'updated' the OAB, changed the generation server for the OAB to the new server, and under client settings for the new DB I chose the default offline address list (it was blank when I first looked).

Another strange thing is my Outlook 2010 client seems to be updating the list (new employees show up), yet it fails every time I try to manually download it. Another admin on Outlook 2010 does not see the new employees and his download also fails.

I see no errors in the even log on the CAS server or mail store. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Another OAB 0x8004010f error - 23.Feb.2012 1:37:55 PM   
RustyShackleford

Increase the logging level for OAB and post the errors.

--> MSExchangeSA --> OAL Generator

I configured the log level for OAL Generator to "Expert" level on the mailbox server that runs the OAB. Since it does not generate too many extra events I am keeping it at that level.

(in reply to wlee)
Post #: 2
RE: Another OAB 0x8004010f error - 23.Feb.2012 2:13:52 PM   
wlee

Thanks! I increased the log level and updated the OAB on the server. No errors, but I did get 2 warnings:

OALGen skipped some entries in the offline address list '\Global Address List'. To see which entries are affected, event logging for the OAL Generator must be set to at least medium.
- \Default Offline Address List

OABGen could not generate full details for some entries in the offline address list for address list '\Global Address List'. To see which entries are affected, set event logging for the offline address list generator to at least medium.

But it does complete with no errors:
Offline address book generation finished.
- \Default Offline Address List

When I try to download the OAB from my client, no entries are logged in application or system on the mail server and this is at Expert level logging.

(in reply to RustyShackleford)
Post #: 3
RE: Another OAB 0x8004010f error - 23.Feb.2012 2:26:55 PM   
RustyShackleford

No 9325 errors?

Run "Get-OfflineAddressBook | fl server,originatingserver" do you see the servers you expect to see?

(in reply to wlee)
Post #: 4
RE: Another OAB 0x8004010f error - 23.Feb.2012 2:53:55 PM   
RustyShackleford

restart MSExchangeSA and see if that resolves the problem. I have a vague recollection that I had a similar issue and restarting system attending fixed the problem.

Post #: 5
RE: Another OAB 0x8004010f error - 23.Feb.2012 2:55:02 PM   
wlee

I do see the server I'm expecting to see. It also shows that it's valid and has the right amount of records. Last touched time was just 30 minutes ago. Everything looks good. It does list 3 versions though, Version2, 3, and 4.

Post #: 6
RE: Another OAB 0x8004010f error - 23.Feb.2012 3:13:15 PM   
wlee

I just restarted the System Attendant on both mail servers, still no go. For distribution we have always had 'Enable public folder distribution' checked. The Public folder database is sitting on Store1, the OAB Generation server is Store2. Is there any problem with that setup? I will say that I changed the generation server to Store2 just this morning as a troubleshooting step...it didnt work when both were on Store1 either.

When I do a Test Email Auto-config from outlook it shows the OAB URL as public folder, and when I do a connection status from outlook it shows the correct server (store1) as type Public Folders, with an established connection. Everything looks right (to me) so far.

Post #: 7
RE: Another OAB 0x8004010f error - 23.Feb.2012 4:18:20 PM   
wlee

Well, its more of a work-around than a resolution, but I enabled web-based distribution and now Outlook 2007 and 2010 clients are updating! 2003 users are out of luck, but I've been trying to force everyone off that anyway (and there aren't too many). Thanks again for the troubleshooting steps.

(in reply to wlee)
Post #: 8
RE: Another OAB 0x8004010f error - 24.Feb.2012 5:45:21 PM   
wlee

I just wanted to add to this in case anyone experiences the same thing. I changed it to web-based distribution and it worked...once. Today, it didnt work for any client. I followed the excellent tutorial here: http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/exchange-server-2010/management-administration/offline-address-book-part1.html

And everything was fine, no errors at all, but the address book would just hang and never even start to download. I found this article here:
http://www.confusedamused.com/notebook/oab-never-downloads-for-outlook-2007-clients-with-exchange-2007-on-server-2008/

and sure enough, I added Authenticated Users to the web.config file and all 2007/2010 clients are able to download the address book again.

(in reply to wlee)
Post #: 9
RE: Another OAB 0x8004010f error - 11.Mar.2012 6:16:06 AM   
errol.vas

Outlook 2007 and outlook 2010 uses auto-discovery ( oab url ) to get the information of the files stored on the CAS server . outlook 2003 uses public folders to get the OAB information . Since enabling web-based distribution fixed issue for outlook 2007-2010 , it means that the files are gettin generated successfully . Hence this is !00% Public folder issue , and i recommend that we check the public folder replication here.

Errol

Errol Vas Prabhu

(in reply to wlee)
Post #: 10
RE: Another OAB 0x8004010f error - 14.Mar.2012 3:53:40 AM   
sheilaaellis44

To configure how the Offline Address Book is downloaded when you use Outlook in Cached Exchange Mode, follow these steps to configure the DownloadOAB value in the Registry.

Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
Locate and then click to select the following key:

Outlook 2003
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook
Outlook 2007
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook
Outlook 2010
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook
On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click Key.
Type Cached Mode.
On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
Type DownloadOAB, and then click OK.
In the right pane, right-click DownloadOAB, and then click Modify.
In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, type the value that you want, and then click OK.
On the Registry menu, click Exit.

(in reply to errol.vas)
Post #: 11
RE: Another OAB 0x8004010f error - 16.Mar.2012 8:01:11 AM   
leahsguide

quote:

ORIGINAL: RustyShackleford

No 9325 errors?

Run "Get-OfflineAddressBook | fl server,originatingserver" do you see the servers you expect to see?

I was getting the same problem as OP and this solved my issue, thanks a bunch !

Diablo 3 Builds
Diablo 3 Hardcore
[url=http://diablo3guideinferno.com/diablo-3

Post #: 12

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Another OAB 0x8004010f error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter