• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Any way to read .edb & .stm from crashed system?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Any way to read .edb & .stm from crashed system? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any way to read .edb & .stm from crashed system? - 8.Nov.2005 4:30:56 AM   
bigleck

Hi all-

The system disk on my E2K server died - I have the data disk with the intact .edb & .stm files, but not sure about the log files. I want to extract private folder data from them if I can. I looked at exmerge, but it seems to need the files to be living under a running Information Store. I don't have that, and can't figure out how to mount the files on a new server. Any thoughts or help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Any way to read .edb & .stm from crashed system? - 8.Nov.2005 9:38:06 AM   
stratn

There is now way to extract the data from those files unless they are in a clean shutdown, (I will get in this in a sec)....there are 3rd party utilities that will do that for you like www.ontrack.com, but that may cost a pretty penny.

1) run a eseutil /mh on the priv1.edb this will dump the header on the database, look down the list to ensure that it is in a clean shutdown.
2) if the database is in a clean shutdown, remove all the log files rez, and edb.chk so that the only files that remian are the .EDB and .PST files then use ESM to mount the databases

- If the databases are not in a clean shutdown check that same list, check to see if you have the logs required. If you do you can run an eseutil /r e00 (soft recovery)
- If you don not you may have to use a back up to restore from.
****note*****  Do not hard repair unless it is the absalute last resort!!!!!!!!!!

(in reply to bigleck)
Post #: 2
RE: Any way to read .edb & .stm from crashed system? - 31.Jul.2010 12:09:38 AM   
Angel.TechWorld

Hi Bigleck,

This is very good that you have already a backup copy of your .edb and .stm files, You can extract all of your user accounts from your edb file using Enstella Exchange Recovery software.
This is very interesting point that Enstella do not requires any exchange server environment, Its required only edb file and extract pst files from your edb file from any simple windows machine. Try this tool asap and retrieve pst files from your offline storage information http://www.****conversion.com/exchange-mailbox-to-pst.html

(in reply to stratn)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Any way to read .edb & .stm from crashed system? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter