• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Archiving User Mailboxes

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Compliance >> Archiving User Mailboxes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Archiving User Mailboxes - 31.May2013 3:00:57 PM   
krongi

Hello everyone, this is my first post and I've been digging all day but have found few results for my specific situation. We have an organization of around 400 users, and we run a single Exchange 2007 server, most users have mailbox sizes of 500MB which is fine most of the time, when space becomes an issue, the users will archive their mailbox. The problem is, when a user leaves the organization we will back up their email to a .pst file which we burn to a DVD and give to CIO to archive. The problem comes when a user has archived their own mailbox, which stores a copy of the pst file locally on the hard drive. It appears we won't be backing up all of the user's email if it is partially stored on the local HDD (or am I mistaken?). Is there a way to set up outlook to automatically push the pst file that was archived by the user to a folder on a network share or something similar? We want to ensure we have all of the users' emails (aside from permanently deleted items i suppose) when they leave the organization but still need them to be able to access archived emails. I'm not sure if journaling would work in this situation because I'm afraid of the size of the mailbox growing so rapidly that I may not be able to keep up with it properly (also we have several databases due to the fact that we have several different sites, which seems to mean multiple journal mailboxes). I hope I'm making sense, and if I could clarify please let me know. I'm very new to exchange and can handle most day to day administration, but I'm completely stuck on what to do in this situation. Again this is my first post so if it is the wrong area I apologize, thank you in advance for all of your help.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Compliance >> Archiving User Mailboxes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter