• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Archiving solutions - need help

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Archiving solutions - need help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Archiving solutions - need help - 5.Dec.2007 3:42:30 PM   
Drumcode

Hello, I'm fairly new to Exchange. I work for a small size company (about 30 mailboxes), we have a couple higher rank mangers that are exceeding the mailbox quotas. Both of these guys just refuse to delete their e-mails, even from year 2000 claiming they HAVE to have them in their inbox.

Are there any archiving solutions out there that would reduce the quotas but let them keep the messages in their Outlooks?

Any help, suggestions for archiving appliances or services would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Archiving solutions - need help - 5.Dec.2007 4:05:11 PM   
rishishah

Aftermail does this, but it uses stubbing (leaves a HTTP url to the message, within the body of the mail butarchives the actual mail). But i think they start at 250 licenses.

GFI Mailarchiver does a good job but the mail in NOT left in outlook, you need to go to a webserver for it.

Rishi Shah, MCP

Remember to backup before applying the advice. www.saiconsult.co.uk. Happy to provide Professional Exchange Server Consultancy to anywhere in the world.

(in reply to Drumcode)
Post #: 2
RE: Archiving solutions - need help - 5.Dec.2007 5:07:59 PM   
Drumcode

Would Symantec's Vault do the job too?

(in reply to rishishah)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Archiving solutions - need help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter