• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Attachments not being downloaded to Windows Mobile Device

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> Attachments not being downloaded to Windows Mobile Device Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Attachments not being downloaded to Windows Mobile Device - 14.Mar.2008 2:25:10 PM   
penn_pinto

Hi All,

We only have 4 people using Windows Mobile Devices. I had one user approach me and tell me his mail was syncing fine but he could not view attachments on it.

When I sent a test message to it and synced the message came through. When I went to go click on the attachment I got a message that said "Attachments will be downloaded next time you connect and receive e-mail." Of course, after another send and receive it still doesnt work.

I checked the activesync settings on our Exchange 2007 CAS server and the setting to download attachments is checked.

I am awaiting word from the other users on whether they are experiencing the same issues. However, I wanted to reach out to the forum to see if anyone may know of something I need to resolve to get attachments to Windows Mobile Devices to work?

Thank you.

Patrick
Post #: 1
RE: Attachments not being downloaded to Windows Mobile ... - 26.Mar.2008 6:04:29 AM   
rishishah

Are you reverse proxying your CAS? If so with what?

Or is it just NATed via your firewall?

Rishi Shah, MCP

Remember to backup before applying the advice. www.saiconsult.co.uk. Happy to provide Professional Exchange Server Consultancy to anywhere in the world.

(in reply to penn_pinto)
Post #: 2
RE: Attachments not being downloaded to Windows Mobile ... - 26.Mar.2008 7:50:28 AM   
penn_pinto

Thank you for the response. It is is natted through our firewall.

In addition, I have checked and another user is working fine and user accounts are set upt he same.

She is using a motorola q and he is using a Treo 700. I updated the software yesterday with the latest release on Treo's site but that didnt resolve anything.

Patrick

(in reply to penn_pinto)
Post #: 3
RE: Attachments not being downloaded to Windows Mobile ... - 31.Mar.2008 8:26:31 AM   
rishishah

Might be bst to kill that users partnership and allow her to re-partner to the CAS.

This might solve it.

Otherwise you are loking at re-setting the mobile device.

Do you have enough space on the mobile device or external card to receive the attachment? If you are using a card ensure it is not corupted and is recognised by the mobile device correctly.

Rishi Shah, MCP

Remember to backup before applying the advice. www.saiconsult.co.uk. Happy to provide Professional Exchange Server Consultancy to anywhere in the world.

(in reply to penn_pinto)
Post #: 4
RE: Attachments not being downloaded to Windows Mobile ... - 1.Apr.2008 1:58:46 PM   
penn_pinto

Thanks for your help. I killed the partnership and then had the user re-sync and it worked.

(in reply to rishishah)
Post #: 5
RE: Attachments not being downloaded to Windows Mobile ... - 2.Apr.2008 3:58:28 AM   
rishishah

Glad to know its all working now

Rishi Shah, MCP

(in reply to penn_pinto)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> Attachments not being downloaded to Windows Mobile Device Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter