• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Autodiscover fails 500 error

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> Autodiscover fails 500 error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Autodiscover fails 500 error - 11.Nov.2014 9:51:30 AM   
Jon_Fleming

 

Posts: 36
Joined: 8.May2009
Status: offline
Maye this isn't the right place because OWA is working fine but Autodiscover isn't.

Small Business Server 2008 Standard, Exchange 2007. Certificate is correct, URLs are correct, permissions of the virtual directory are correct, but the Remote Connectivity Analyzer fails. It was failing by not connecting to the correct server, but I fixed that yesterday. Now it connects to the server at both autodiscover.{me}.com and SRV redirect and verifies the cert, but when it tries to retrieve autodiscover.xml it gets:

quote:

The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer failed to obtain an Autodiscover XML response.

Additional Details

An HTTP 500 response was returned from IIS7.
HTTP Response Headers:
Content-Length: 1208
Content-Type: text/html
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 15:40:40 GMT
Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.0
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
Elapsed Time: 274 ms.


for both methods. I tried looking at it with Wireshark but it isn't decoding the SSL traffic even though I have the cert configured in Wireshark. The IIS7 log is pretty useless:

quote:

2014-11-11 15:45:35 192.168.7.250 POST /Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml - 443 - 157.56.138.141 Microsoft+Office/15.0+(Windows+NT+6.2;+Microsoft+Outlook+15.0.4615;+Pro;+MS+Connectivity+Analyzer) 500 23 50 641
2014-11-11 15:45:35 192.168.7.250 POST /Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml - 443 - 157.56.138.141 Microsoft+Office/15.0+(Windows+NT+6.2;+Microsoft+Outlook+15.0.4615;+Pro;+MS+Connectivity+Analyzer) 500 23 50 94
2014-11-11 15:45:37 192.168.7.250 POST /Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml - 443 - 157.56.138.141 Microsoft+Office/15.0+(Windows+NT+6.2;+Microsoft+Outlook+15.0.4615;+Pro;+MS+Connectivity+Analyzer) 500 23 50 360
2014-11-11 15:45:37 192.168.7.250 POST /Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml - 443 - 157.56.138.141 Microsoft+Office/15.0+(Windows+NT+6.2;+Microsoft+Outlook+15.0.4615;+Pro;+MS+Connectivity+Analyzer) 500 23 50 95


To make this even more fun, all my users are seeing Outlook pop up a dialog about server settings over and over again, obviously related to this.

< Message edited by Jon_Fleming -- 11.Nov.2014 9:52:45 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Autodiscover fails 500 error - 11.Nov.2014 10:01:58 AM   
Jon_Fleming

 

Posts: 36
Joined: 8.May2009
Status: offline
Weirder. I discovered it wasn't using the Autodiscover app pool and fixed that. Now the Aalyzer gives me:

quote:

A Web exception occurred because an HTTP 405 - MethodNotAllowed response was received from IIS7.
HTTP Response Headers:
Allow: GET, HEAD, OPTIONS, TRACE, COPY, PROPFIND, DELETE, MOVE, PROPPATCH, PUT, LOCK, UNLOCK
Content-Length: 1293
Content-Type: text/html
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 16:00:11 GMT
Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.0
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
Elapsed Time: 280 ms.


The IIS log is the same, and if I try to browse to autodiscover.{me}.com\autodiscover I get:

quote:

Server Error in '/Autodiscover' Application.
Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Exchange.Diagnostics, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Exchange.Diagnostics, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.


Arrrrggggfhhhhh!

(in reply to Jon_Fleming)
Post #: 2
RE: Autodiscover fails 500 error - 11.Nov.2014 10:25:32 AM   
Jon_Fleming

 

Posts: 36
Joined: 8.May2009
Status: offline
Sheesh! Still getting the same response in Remote Connectivity Analyzer but I can now browse to https://autodiscover.{me}.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml.

(in reply to Jon_Fleming)
Post #: 3
RE: Autodiscover fails 500 error - 11.Nov.2014 12:14:45 PM   
Jon_Fleming

 

Posts: 36
Joined: 8.May2009
Status: offline
Fixed!

I ran the following in Exchange Shell:
Remove-AutoDiscoverVirtualDirectory -Identity "{my server}\Autodiscover (SBS Web Applications)"
New-AutoDiscoverVirtualDirectory -WebsiteName “SBS Web Applications” -BasicAuthentication $true -WindowsAuthentication $true 
Set-ClientAccessServer -Identity {my server} -AutodiscoverServiceInternalUri https://autodiscover.{my server}.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml


(on many non-SBS systems "SBS Web Applications" would be "Default Web Site")

Turns out that, contrary to many web sites, anonymous authentication should not be enabled for the autodiscover virtual directory, at least not in IIS7/Exchange 2007

(in reply to Jon_Fleming)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> Autodiscover fails 500 error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts


Follow TechGenix on Twitter