• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Autodiscover settings cannot be changed?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Autodiscover settings cannot be changed? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Autodiscover settings cannot be changed? - 29.Aug.2007 3:42:54 PM   
frelisb

Using the new Autodiscover functionality with Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2007, Outlook Anywhere configures itself on the client. Some of the default setup settings can be "tweaked" by the administrator, i.e. changed so that the client is automatically set up with different settings, others not.

One of the settings that cannot be "tweaked" is the "On fast networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP" setting. By default this setting will not be checked  on the client. And there seems to be no way to have it automatically checked.

We are a Hosted Exchange provider, and 90% of our external users are connected through fast broadband lines, and with this box unchecked they have to wait until the attempt to connect via TCP/IP times out before the client will connect via HTTP. This means a delay of approx. 30 sec until they can get to their new mail.

The way to remedy this would be to have the above mentioned setting checked (so that HTTP connection is tried first), but as this can not be pre-defined with the Autodiscover setup functionality, the user has to manually edit his account settings to check this box. This takes much of the "automation" away from the Autodiscover function, and renders it much less useful than it could be. We have to supply detailed explanations on how the users get to this box to check it themselves.

Does anyone know if there is away of getting this box to be checked automatically?

< Message edited by frelisb -- 3.Sep.2007 6:50:02 AM >
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Autodiscover settings cannot be changed? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter