• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Backup EDB export Mailbox to PST

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Management >> Backup EDB export Mailbox to PST Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Backup EDB export Mailbox to PST - 5.Feb.2013 1:55:13 PM   
FastSites

Hi folks,

I have months worth of backups including .edb files. I need to export a mailbox from last months backup .edb file. My understanding of using the Exchange Management Shell to export a mailbox only works on a live database i.e.

Get-Mailbox –Database “<Exchange Server FQDN>\<Database Name>"...

How can I point this to an archived .edb file or does anyone know of any freeware that will do this please?

Many thanks

Danny
Post #: 1
RE: Backup EDB export Mailbox to PST - 1.Jul.2013 2:22:24 AM   
rabika

I have 1 public folder with 1 subfolder. If one end-user creates a new subfolder like: Example\Subfolder2\ it wont get the rights from the top folder. I was planning to make create a script for it, run it twice a day (should be more then ennough for us), but simply cannot find the right commands to do so... I want to set rights on all subfolders for specific users, without knowing the names of those (uncreated) subfolders.

Pass your Pass4sure 640-554 and ISEB exams in first try by using our guaranteed and and best quality selftestengine.
Post #: 2
RE: Backup EDB export Mailbox to PST - 25.Sep.2013 4:33:29 AM   
Joyce Davis

Dear friend although its an easy process but it cannot be done manually. You require a third-party software to perform this operation. A freeware is not available in the market but you can make use of the on-line demo versions to get the credibility of the product and first hand experience about its functioning. If you are to serious about the issue you can go and purchase one of those.

Cheers .

(in reply to FastSites)
Post #: 3
RE: Backup EDB export Mailbox to PST - 14.Sep.2015 5:42:47 AM   
semnaitik

quote:

How can I point this to an archived .edb file or does anyone know of any freeware that will do this please?

First of all, I would say sorry for this late reply here. Now come to the business! Have you guys heard about ExMerge.exe? It is a freeware tool provided by Microsoft itself. It can be used for extracting emails from EDB files (normal as well as corrupt) to new PST files of MS Outlook.

For more information about ExMerge.exe and how to use it, you can read the blog post linked below:
http://wordpress.semnaitik.com/2014/04/28/convert-exchange-edb-to-pst-format/

Hope it would be helpful.

(in reply to FastSites)
Post #: 4
[Deleted] - 5.Aug.2017 3:44:04 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to semnaitik)
  Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Management >> Backup EDB export Mailbox to PST Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter