• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Barracuda vs Ironport Spam filter

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Barracuda vs Ironport Spam filter Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Barracuda vs Ironport Spam filter - 15.Dec.2010 10:35:31 AM   
djecue

We are currently shopping around for a spam filter solution and narrowed it down to two solutions. Anyone have experience with both? Researched and saw good reviews for both but Ironport is much more expensive. Besides them being owned by cisco why the huge difference in price?
Post #: 1
RE: Barracuda vs Ironport Spam filter - 25.Jul.2011 2:28:01 PM   
kdoll

We have just started shopping around as well. We currently have Barracuda. At this point I'm far from planning to replace the units with Barracuda. They do have fairly good technical support and the interfaces and being an appliance are pluses.

Our units are fairly “over worked” due to our volume of mail but I’m not impressed with the filtering provided by their reputation databases. We have a lengthy list of block IP ranges which they are now blaming for quirks we are seeing with filtering and for the system running slow. I just removed this list this morning and so far we have gone from a mid 80% blocked to a mid 40%! I tried to explain to them that we had put these entries in because their database wasn’t cutting it but have never heard back on the case.

What other products have you looked at and why were they ruled out?

(in reply to djecue)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Barracuda vs Ironport Spam filter Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter