• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Best way to install Mail Essentials outside the firewall

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Best way to install Mail Essentials outside the firewall Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Best way to install Mail Essentials outside the firewall - 20.Aug.2001 5:42:00 PM   
Terry

Hi All,
What is the best way to install mail essenstials ver 5 outside a firewall?
Does it need to be able to login into the domain? or can it set on a standalone server setup as a workgroup?

Thanks in advance

Post #: 1
RE: Best way to install Mail Essentials outside the fir... - 21.Aug.2001 9:21:00 AM   
robert

No it does not have to contact the domain. You can just install it as a Stand alone server, and let only port 25 open from the firewall since mail essentials have to send the mails to the server. The quarantine therefore must be checked from the moderator client or else you have to open other ports to approve/delete your quarantined mail via web.

------------------
Regards
Robert Abela
robert@gfi.com

(in reply to Terry)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Best way to install Mail Essentials outside the firewall Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter