• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Best way to send as one of the accepted domains

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> Best way to send as one of the accepted domains Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Best way to send as one of the accepted domains - 5.Mar.2010 6:44:24 AM   
tenfourzero

Outlook 2007 (on Windows 7 32bit)
Exchange 2010 (on Server 2008 RC2)

We have several domains we receive email for, all of which go into a single mailbox for a user. So user@domain1 (default), user@domain2 & user@domain3 all go into the "user" mailbox.

What is the best way for this "user" to send additionally as "user@domain2" or "user@domain3"? I have set up the default user@domain1 as an exchange account in Outlook and domain2/domain3 as smtp/pop to allow sending form these addresses, which works fine. But when replying/forwarding the address always goes back to the default account user@domain1 (I assume as this is the ad mailbox the email was sent to).

The end result I'm hoping for is to be able to send as any of the accepted domains. So if an email is sent to user@domain2 then this account/address is used when replying/forwarding (without having to manually click ACCOUNT in outlook to select it).
Post #: 1
RE: Best way to send as one of the accepted domains - 5.Mar.2010 1:55:08 PM   
jveldh

Hi,

What you could do is create 3 seperate boxes and give the primary account permissions on the other boxes. Then add all accounts to Outlook.

This will give the user the possibility to send as every 3 domains via exchange.

Unfortunatly there is no other solution for this.

Best regards,

Johan Veldhuis

Visit my Exchange blog

(in reply to tenfourzero)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> Best way to send as one of the accepted domains Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter