• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

BlackBerry migration from 2003 to 2007

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> BlackBerry migration from 2003 to 2007 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
BlackBerry migration from 2003 to 2007 - 30.Jun.2010 3:21:54 AM   
wingadean

Hi there,
Im in the process of migrating from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007, the fun hasnt started yet but implementation begins next week.
My question is if i migrate the blackberry service account to the new 07 server and give the account the correct permissions on the 07 server, will users still be able to sync their handhelds?
And if i move a user from the 03 server to the 07 server, will they still be able to sync their hand helds too?

thanks, any input appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: BlackBerry migration from 2003 to 2007 - 30.Jun.2010 6:58:53 AM   
jutlak

You can migrate the users mailbox from e2k3 to e2k7 and user will continue to function without any work on the HH, but in certain cases, i saw teh device automatically reactivate but just let it complete and all continues to function fine.

Important thing is you have to move the BESADMIN account to e2k7 first before moving users and users both on e2k3 and e2k7 continue to work fine.

we did a migration of about 300 users and had no issues

< Message edited by jutlak -- 30.Jun.2010 7:14:28 AM >

(in reply to wingadean)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> BlackBerry migration from 2003 to 2007 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter