• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Blocking Automatic Activation

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> Blocking Automatic Activation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Blocking Automatic Activation - 23.Mar.2012 11:05:19 AM   
mrfil13

We have 2 exchange 2010 servers, each on a separate site connected via a VPN over a 50mbps link.

We would like each site would have 1 active database for the users in that site and a passive copy of each on the opposite server.

Hopefully im correct in my understanding with DAG + DAC, if the WAN drops then the site without the FSW would dismount the active DB and the site with the FSW would mount the passive DB and make it Active.

My question is that would using the below command stop the automatic swap of the Active/Passive if the WAN link drops? What we want is in a scenario where the link drops the Databases do not failover automatically and for it to be a manual process.

Suspend-MailboxDatabaseCopy –identity <DatabaseID>\<ServerID> –ActivationOnly

Thanks
Phil
Post #: 1
RE: Blocking Automatic Activation - 27.Mar.2012 3:14:10 AM   
grahamhosking

Hi,

yes to prevent this I have stopped the automatic failover from happening. This is done in the command line by running the following script on each database:
E,g:
Suspend-MailboxDatabaseCopy mbx01\exmb01 –ActivationOnly

You will find that you will be able to active the copy in DR however to fail back you may get an error stopping you to do so.

To resolve this run the following command on the Exchange mailbox server you wish to resume on:
E.g:
Resume-MailboxDatabaseCopy mbx01\exmb01

(in reply to mrfil13)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> Blocking Automatic Activation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter