• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Calendar Help

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Calendar Help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Calendar Help - 9.May2006 7:16:00 PM   
ipon70

Ok, so I am new, so go easy on the newb... :)

Anyway we are just getting read to switch over to Exchange and we are wanting to use the calendar function for conference rooms.

So I have it setup now in testing for IT, Admin, Merch, Web, and Creative conference rooms.  How I need them to work, is that users can request a room at a specific time, it needs to allow overlapping requests, but the catch is, I need to to be reviewable by a third party and then approved.  We have 2 ladies that schedule the conference rooms, so they would have final say in who gets them or not at whatever time, but I need users to be able to request them and then have it denied or approved.  Is this possible, in part or completely.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Calendar Help - 12.May2006 4:51:46 PM   
ipon70

Anyone have anything??  I could really use some pointers or a solution.

Thanks

(in reply to ipon70)
Post #: 2
RE: Calendar Help - 12.May2006 8:34:58 PM   
uemurad

1. Set up a mailbox for each room
2. Set the calendar options so that Resource Scheduling does not automatically accept meeting requests
3. Make your room administrators Editor delegates to each calendar, receiving copies of meeting-related messages

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to ipon70)
Post #: 3
RE: Calendar Help - 15.May2006 9:10:16 PM   
ipon70

Ok, that got me a lot closer and thank you very much.  Now the last and final problem..I think..??
When the email comes in it is showing what they want to do, but when she clicks to except the request, it puts it on her calendar not the rooms calendar.  What is going wrong there.  I thought it was maybe because they didn't select a "location" from the drop down menu, but there doesn't appear to be a location listed, is that my problem??..  If so what would make the drop location menu populate based on rooms created??

Thank you sorry for so many questions.

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 4
RE: Calendar Help - 15.May2006 10:10:31 PM   
uemurad

I don't have an answer for you.  When I do this, with or without a location specified, accepting the invitation puts the event in the resource calendar.

How are you inviting the conference room?  As a required, optional, or resource invitee?

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to ipon70)
Post #: 5
RE: Calendar Help - 15.May2006 10:37:56 PM   
ipon70

The calendars are in our publics folders.  They double click the time slot they want in the calendar they are viewing and it opens up a window.  There is subject, and location thats about it, other then the times and stuff.  I will get some screenshots if that would help.

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 6
RE: Calendar Help - 15.May2006 10:44:09 PM   
ipon70

When you double click a time slot on this room, you get this window below

(in reply to ipon70)
Post #: 7
RE: Calendar Help - 15.May2006 11:45:55 PM   
uemurad

Okay - when you said that got you closer, I thought you had followed all of my suggestions.  #1 was to create a mailbox for each room instead of using a public folder.

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to ipon70)
Post #: 8
RE: Calendar Help - 15.May2006 11:51:10 PM   
ipon70

Argggg...ok, let me run a test following exactly what you said and see what happens.  Sorry about that.

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 9
RE: Calendar Help - 16.May2006 4:59:34 PM   
ipon70

I am probably going to feel stupid when this whole thing is over.  But I setup a test account, went onto step 2, there is only tenative, accept, decline.  On step 3 the whole page is basically greyed out, I can't say its delegated.  Tried creating another calendar, under that account, and same results.  What am I doing wrong...and why is this so freaking hard.

(in reply to ipon70)
Post #: 10
RE: Calendar Help - 16.May2006 5:17:44 PM   
uemurad

Not sure what you are seeing.  Just to be clear:

Open the test account primarily (create a separate Outlook profile for it)

Under the Tools menu, select Options
On the Preferences tab, select Calendar options
Click Resource Scheduling
Make sure that "Automatically accept meeting requests and process cancellations" is unchecked

Under the Tools menu, select Options
On the Delegates tab, click Add
Add the Room Administrators
For each administrator
  make sure that the Calendar permissions is set to Editor
  make sure the "Delegate receives copies of meeting-related messages sent to me" is checked

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to ipon70)
Post #: 11
RE: Calendar Help - 16.May2006 6:37:03 PM   
ipon70

Ok, so I followed everything and it setup just like you said.

So how are people going to be able to view the calendar without importing it??  We kind of wanted it out in the public area so people that are in our Salt Lake facility that don't have email access can see them and request a time.

Sorry for being a greener here, I have never ran exchange and never had any formal training and I have to switch the entire company (600 accounts) over to it shortly.  Mail seems to be pretty easy, its all this tweaky stuff that is freaking wierd and hard to setup.  Thank you very much for the help so far, its nice to have excellent help on places like this.

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 12
RE: Calendar Help - 23.May2006 5:55:09 PM   
ipon70

Ok, so I still need a couple questions answered.

I got the calendar review piece working so they can go and click tenative, accept, deny.  Here is the problem now, once she says accept on the schedule, it puts it on her calendar not the admin conference room, who was reqested for the meeting??...  I have the review thing working and folder moderated thing working.  But for some reason the two ladies that review them, if either one says accept, it puts it on their calendar not the administrator room.

(in reply to ipon70)
Post #: 13

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Calendar Help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter