• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Calendaring agent failed

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Calendaring agent failed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Calendaring agent failed - 9.Apr.2009 4:54:50 PM   
rscottish

I am seeing the following error in event viewer:

Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    EXCDO
Event Category:    General
Event ID:    8206
Date:        4/9/2009
Time:        2:01:27 PM
User:        N/A
Computer:    WDGCINEXCH02
Description:
Calendaring agent failed with error code 0x8007000e while saving appointment.

and Also:

Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    EXCDO
Event Category:    General
Event ID:    8199
Date:        4/9/2009
Time:        2:01:27 PM
User:        N/A
Computer:    WDGCINEXCH02
Description:
Calendaring agent failed in message save notification with error 0x8007000e on user@Domain.Com: /Calendar/Lead Developer Meeting29025075.eml.

The user uses both Entourage and an iPhone to interface with exchange through SSL. 

This is our only email server.  It runs Exchange 2003 SP2

Thanks for any advice!!!
Post #: 1
RE: Calendaring agent failed - 10.Apr.2009 12:44:38 PM   
ratishnair

I assume that you are getting a lot of 8199 error and all of em are for one single user.

This issue happens for recurring meetings in the users calendar.
CDO being the public interface for MAPI, Blackberry and Iphone uses it.

Event ID: 8206 occurs when a MAPI-based application modifies calendar  items in Exchange 2003: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/943721

This event id is for : Error : 0xfffff9bf, We are getting Error : 0x8007000e, so no point in applying

You cannot save or delete a recurring appointment from a Calendar that  is maintained on an Exchange Server 2003 computer:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892524

To be installed only on SP1 and is included in Sp2. so cannot apply

Take an LDP Dump of the user and made sure Legacy DN value ends with Nickname.

Refer my post to take LDP Dump: http://forums.msexchange.org/m_1800501258/mpage_1/key_exch/tm.htm#1800501504

To resolve:
---------------------------------------

1. Check and delete all the recurring meetings which doesn't have start and end date in the user's calendar
2. Set start and end date to all the meetings which doesn't have these values set.

Ratish

(in reply to rscottish)
Post #: 2
RE: Calendaring agent failed - 13.Apr.2009 10:36:37 AM   
rscottish

ratishnair,

Thanks for your help!

You are correct in your assumption.  I am receiving lots of these errors for a single user.

I performed the LDP dump and checked the LegacyDN does end with the nickname.

I have asked the user to check through their recurring meetings for instances without end dates.  I will have to wait for the user to get back to me on this.  The user is a VP of Marketing so I don't have much "pull" in getting the user to perform procedures for me.

Are there any settings that I can modify to keep this from happening in the future?

(in reply to ratishnair)
Post #: 3
RE: Calendaring agent failed - 13.Apr.2009 10:54:39 AM   
ratishnair

You cannot save or delete a recurring appointment from a Calendar that is maintained on an Exchange Server 2003 computer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892524

This kb addresses the exact issue we are facing. But again, it wont work for E2K3 SP2... its for SP1.
There is nothing that you could do abt this. Need to make sure the user takes care of the recurring items as the same is creating issue.

If possible, ask him to take a back up, delete all the recurring appt's and import it back...

Also, this problem occurs if some mailboxes have more than 1,300 recurring appointments. EXCDO has a limit of 1,300 recurring appointments and Mobile Devices and OWA uses EXCDO

Event IDs 8206, 8213, and 8199 are logged in an Exchange Server 2007 environment: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943371

VP... huh... I know how his calendar gonna be... lol....
Lemme know if you have any questions...

Ratish

(in reply to rscottish)
Post #: 4
RE: Calendaring agent failed - 24.Apr.2009 12:15:23 PM   
rscottish

Just an update on this. 

On the users Mac, I went to Edit=>Folder Options and emptied the cache.  It looks like most of the users recurring meetings have been removed from the users calendar, but other users are able to view this users calendar and schedule meetings again.

(in reply to rscottish)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Calendaring agent failed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter