• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Calender in Public Folders HELP

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Calender in Public Folders HELP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Calender in Public Folders HELP - 22.Oct.2004 3:53:00 PM   
marcello79

We have a calender for a group of people and it has been placed in the public folders.
Now the owner of that calender would like to automatically add the default holidays like christmas, new years day and so on. But if the owner tries it, these days are placed in her own calender and not in shared calender where it should be.
Does anyone know what we can do about this ? "[Confused]"

[ October 22, 2004, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: marcello79 ]
Post #: 1
RE: Calender in Public Folders HELP - 25.Oct.2004 8:10:00 AM   
mark@mvps.org

How is she adding the appointments. By default everything gets placed in the personal calendar unless the focus is actually on the shared one. If she's using one of the 3rd party calendar/holiday utils then that's probably what's happening.

(in reply to marcello79)
Post #: 2
RE: Calender in Public Folders HELP - 26.Oct.2004 9:44:00 AM   
marcello79

Adding an appointment isn¦t a problem.
That is working perfect.
But when we try to make some changes under the options for the calender like automatically adding official holidays (christmas, new years day...) they are always added in our own calender and not in the calender that¦s under the public folders.

(in reply to marcello79)
Post #: 3
RE: Calender in Public Folders HELP - 26.Oct.2004 8:12:00 PM   
How are you creating shared calendars in public folders? Are you doing it with simple exchange, or are you using some 3rd party utility?

I've been trying to find a solution for shared calendars that didn't involve creating dummy objects to host them.

Binding calendars to mail-enabled groups or public folders would be just what we need.

(in reply to marcello79)
  Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Calender in Public Folders HELP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter