• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Can't Connect To OWA after SP1 for EXCH2010

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Outlook Web Access >> Can't Connect To OWA after SP1 for EXCH2010 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't Connect To OWA after SP1 for EXCH2010 - 11.Sep.2010 1:25:47 PM   
bourne|ultimate

Hi there,

After a update with SP1 I can't connect to OWA anymore.
This is the error i get....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Server Error in '/owa' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 71: the compiler. All assemblies in the GAC and owa\bin are referenced automatically.
Line 72: -->
Line 73: <add assembly="Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory,
Line 74: Version=14.0.0.0,
Line 75: Culture=neutral,

Source File: C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\owa\web.config Line: 73

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, i know that the assambly he's is looking for isn't located were it should be (C:/windows/assembly) but where can i find this assembly then..?

A big thanks in advance!
Post #: 1
RE: Can't Connect To OWA after SP1 for EXCH2010 - 14.Sep.2010 5:48:07 AM   
bourne|ultimate

Somebody??

Any help would be great!

(in reply to bourne|ultimate)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't Connect To OWA after SP1 for EXCH2010 - 16.Sep.2010 7:37:35 AM   
travis.sheldon

Did you attempt to use the Reset Virtual Directory feature that was introduced by SP1? Take a peak at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff629372.aspx as it sounds like your address book library has issues. You may have to reinstall the CAS role.

Post #: 3
RE: Can't Connect To OWA after SP1 for EXCH2010 - 17.Sep.2010 4:20:46 AM   
bourne|ultimate

I've reset the Virtual Directory. Now i get 500 internal server error.

Do you know where that comes from..?

Appreciate the help Travis!

(in reply to travis.sheldon)
Post #: 4
RE: Can't Connect To OWA after SP1 for EXCH2010 - 17.Sep.2010 10:27:03 AM   
travis.sheldon

What happens when you try to browse the site by https://ip.ad.dr.ess ? You get the 500 internal error after authenticating, correct? Is there an Exchange 2007 server in the organization? Did you install Sharepoint or any other IIS based site on the Exchange server as well?

Can you provide the output from the following command (You can remove any sensitive FQDNs)

get-OWAVirtualDirectory | fl

It sounds like the installation of Exchange had issues.

Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Outlook Web Access >> Can't Connect To OWA after SP1 for EXCH2010 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter