• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Can't connect to POP Accounts/ Encryption error

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Management >> Can't connect to POP Accounts/ Encryption error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't connect to POP Accounts/ Encryption error - 6.Nov.2016 5:29:59 AM   
shatty2323

Hi guys. I am new to the forums. I am using Server 2012 R2, Exchange 2016 and Outlook 2013. All of a sudden Outlook could not connect to my POP accounts I have setup in Exchange 2016. I am getting error:
Task xxxx@aaa.com.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC1A) : 'Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method. Contact your mail server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) for additional assistance.' Outlook WILL connect to those accounts via "Microsoft Exchange" way and thru OWA. Also at the same time I noticed another problem that arose. When going into the Queue Viewer, I get the error message: The term 'Get-Queue' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again. I do not know if these 2 problems are connected but it seems that they happened at the same time. Thank you in advance for your help. Also when I try to type in commands in EMS, nothing is recognized. I did some Googling and found that add-pssnapin *exchange* -erroraction SilentlyContinue
makes it work for only that EMS session and when i close and open again, I have to type that again for the cmdlets to work. All the ps1 and other files are in the bin dir.

< Message edited by shatty2323 -- 6.Nov.2016 7:01:00 AM >
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Management >> Can't connect to POP Accounts/ Encryption error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter