• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Can't copy files to some events in public folder calendar

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Can't copy files to some events in public folder calendar Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't copy files to some events in public folder calendar - 5.Oct.2012 12:25:32 PM   
ariwinokur

I have a very strange and complex issue. I will try to explain it as best I can. In our environment we have a calendar in Public Folders that has several recurring events in it. Users need to copy files into the notes section of the calendar events (to individual instances). There are some events that certain files can not get added to. I can't seem to figure any reason why those events are different, except possibly who created them. I am still testing that. I have made a user editor for the calendar with no change in her ability to post. Any thoughts or ideas on where to go from here? Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Can't copy files to some events in public folder ca... - 5.Oct.2012 3:41:57 PM   
ariwinokur

Let me go through that list.
The error is: "The item cannot be saved in this folder. The folder may have been deleted or moved. Or, you may not have appropriate permissions for this folder. Right-click the folder, and then click Properties to check your permissions for this folder."
It happens with any user on a specific series of events, no matter which occurrence.
Everybody is an editor, including the person who made this event. I changed one person to owner to see if that improved things.
We are attaching a mix of word, excel and pdf.
It's not virus scanner because it works on other events on the calendar.
Single store, singel server, exchange 2003 standard.
Outlook 2007
Anti-Virus is ESET, but it also didn't work right with the old virus scanner, Symantec Endpoint Protection.
No special add-ins or thirdparty stuff for outlook.

Does that help??

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neko

Any errors given? Specific users or specific events? Any rights specific to the users that have the issue, as opposed to people with different rights? What files are you trying to attach? Virusscanner disallowing certain attachments? Any virusscanners installed? Are all users on the same store (if it's a 2003 enterprise version)? Different e-mail clients being used? Wat version and brand of email client is used? Any other 3rd party programs installed that may cause issues, such as anti-spam, auto-signatures or even archiving?

Just some things out of the top of my head that might be worth checking out
Post #: 2
RE: Can't copy files to some events in public folder ca... - 10.Oct.2012 11:24:45 AM   
ariwinokur

I can add something else to this mix. Let me just say that I haven't done a database integrity check yet. I now have a user that sporadically cannot create new events on the calendar in question.
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Can't copy files to some events in public folder calendar Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter