• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Cheap Profanity Reporting tool

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Compliance >> Cheap Profanity Reporting tool Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cheap Profanity Reporting tool - 19.Oct.2011 9:23:59 AM   
smartin

We are looking for a cheap keyword reporting tool to sit on the Hub Transport servers. Ideally the tool would log each time a keyword was used and the context in which it was used to a database so that each instance could be reported on.

We already subscribe to a cloud SPAM filtering service and have an AntiVirus product.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Cheap Profanity Reporting tool - 19.Oct.2011 9:31:19 AM   
mark@mvps.org

Just Google for Email Profanity Filter. The results give you at least one which is free. You could even make your own HT rule if you wanted to, in order to filter out the common ones.

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to smartin)
Post #: 2
RE: Cheap Profanity Reporting tool - 19.Oct.2011 9:39:22 AM   
smartin

I'm not actually looking to filter only to report on when keywords are being used and the context on how they are being used. Essentially our HR department wants to keep a pulse on the type of language being used through email to determine if more drastic actions need to be taken.

(in reply to mark@mvps.org)
Post #: 3
RE: Cheap Profanity Reporting tool - 19.Oct.2011 9:57:31 AM   
mark@mvps.org

Yeah, so have the emails that your rule or package intercepts sent to a mailbox where emails can be reviewed by HR folk with sturdy constitutions.

Lemme guess, you work for a call centre with a load of early 20-somethings who spend more time on email than on calls? Had to deal with that on more occasions than I'd have liked.

List Moderator

(in reply to smartin)
Post #: 4
RE: Cheap Profanity Reporting tool - 19.Oct.2011 10:03:33 AM   
smartin

I suggested that to my manager but I think he is actually wanting more of a reporting tool so that we can hand over a pretty summary to HR without putting too much work back on them.

I actually work for a company that deals with more users who like to forward chain letter, crude jokes, etc. not in the call center space though.

Post #: 5
RE: Cheap Profanity Reporting tool - 19.Oct.2011 10:09:48 AM   
mark@mvps.org

So who is it wants this information?
Is it your manager who wants to provide it to HR or has HR asked for your help to provide it?

The cheap/free tools aren't going to give you much in the way of reporting but as you go up the scale you get more reporting and monitoring/management capabilities.

You get what you pay for.

If I had a genuine HR issue and really needed a package to deal with it I'd be asking for budget for Quest/Promodag etc and get a decent package out of the deal.

List Moderator

(in reply to smartin)
Post #: 6
RE: Cheap Profanity Reporting tool - 19.Oct.2011 11:20:28 AM   
smartin

The request originated from HR and was passed along by my manager. I was hoping to find a cheap tool to use as we are needing a very specific report. I looked at Promodag and from what I can tell it parses each mailbox instead of monitoring messages in transport which is what I would prefer. I believe Quest Messagestats accomplishes the task the same way. If we need to spend some money then so be it but I am looking for what options are out there. In retrospect I probably should not narrowed down my search for a "cheap" tool. I appreciate the feedback.

Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Compliance >> Cheap Profanity Reporting tool Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter