• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Child Domain Connection

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Child Domain Connection Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Child Domain Connection - 29.Aug.2006 7:56:53 PM   
adelxt

Hi,
I have two servers in a WIndows 2000 Domain. The first server is the parent server (I'll call it Pserver) and the second server is the child. (I'll call it Cserver)
What I did is set the second server up in a child domain in the overall forest/tree. So I have the parent server in its own domain and then the child server in its own domain.
Pserver - DomainP
Cserver - Domain C
Now I installed Exchange2000 on the Cserver. I also installed the system manager on Cserver and Pserver. Everything seems to have installed without a problesm. The stores mount etc...
Now when I create a user from the DomainP on Pserver doesn't that user have access to the child server. I thought it did. Whe creating this user I also create a mailbox and it seems to put it in the correct location which is on Cserver.
When I try to connect to the Exchange Server (Cserver) the username and its password don't seem to resolve.
Am I missing some permissions somewhere in Exchange? Even if I try to create a user on the Cserver, I still can't connect using either Outlook Express (pop/SMTP) or Outlook 2003.
So here's a FQDN of the network.

Cserver.DomainC.DomainP.com
Please help
Thanks
Steve

Steve Jussif
Post #: 1
RE: Child Domain Connection - 31.Aug.2006 2:29:50 AM   
choppol

When you installed exchange did you run /forestprep on the domainP? and /domainprep on both domain? you will have to give permission on child to parent of ESM access and versa via.

(in reply to adelxt)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Child Domain Connection Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter