• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Clustering and Site Replication Service

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Clustering and Site Replication Service Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Clustering and Site Replication Service - 8.Jan.2004 5:16:00 PM   
mzukerman

Hello all, wondering if anyone's come across this one.

Historically, the Site Replication Service (SRS) has not been clusterable. That was in Exchange 2000. This meant that the first Exchange 2000 system that was set up could NOT be one of the back end cluster nodes.

Does anyone know if this is still true in E2K3? I need to migrate an Exchange 5.5 single server to a 2003 cluster. If this is the case, and the SRS is not clusterable, then I am going to be required to set up a completely separate system as an SRS server temporarily until the 5.5 migration is finished.

Anyone know the answer?

Thanks,
Marc
Post #: 1
RE: Clustering and Site Replication Service - 8.Jan.2004 6:31:00 PM   
mzukerman

In answer to my own question, it is the same in E2K3 as it is in E2K. As quoted from the Exchange 2003 Deployment Guide, published by Microsoft:

"An Exchange 2003 cluster server cannot be the first Exchange 2003 server to join an Exchange Server 5.5 site. This is because Site Replication Service (SRS) is not supported on an Exchange cluster. You must install a stand-alone (non-clustered) Exchange 2003 server into an Exchange 5.5 site prior to installing Exchange 2003 on the nodes of your cluster. (The first Exchange 2003 server installed in an Exchange 5.5 site runs SRS.) For more information about SRS, see Exchange 2003 Help."

(in reply to mzukerman)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Clustering and Site Replication Service Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter