• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Configuring Exchange ActiveSync

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> Configuring Exchange ActiveSync Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Configuring Exchange ActiveSync - 8.Dec.2007 4:23:32 PM   
danard

Hello everyone. 
I'm trying to configure exchange activesync to synchronise mail and contacts with my communicator. What I've already done: created EAS mailbox policy and applied it to some mailboxes; EAS is enabled in mailbox properties; checkbox to use SSL in IIS is enabled. But mobile device can't synchronise with no error. Just says like "can't sync..."
What else did I forget? May be something with certificates?
Post #: 1
RE: Configuring Exchange ActiveSync - 12.Dec.2007 5:21:56 PM   
danard

Tried to export my root certificate to WM device, but no luck. Does it matter if this root cert is for my local server name (server.domainname.local) or it should be for external domain like mail.mycompany.com?

(in reply to danard)
Post #: 2
RE: Configuring Exchange ActiveSync - 12.Dec.2007 6:08:46 PM   
gdoes

I am in the same boat and never been able to sync...
so am curious to see what works for you?

-Glenn

(in reply to danard)
Post #: 3
RE: Configuring Exchange ActiveSync - 16.Jan.2008 4:38:04 PM   
rishishah

the cert has to be in the fqdn of the internet domain name and not the one used internally.

What sort of cert are you using...hope not the one generated automatically during install?g

Rishi Shah, MCP

Remember to backup before applying the advice. www.saiconsult.co.uk. Happy to provide Professional Exchange Server Consultancy to anywhere in the world.

(in reply to danard)
Post #: 4
RE: Configuring Exchange ActiveSync - 16.Jan.2008 4:43:13 PM   
gdoes

quote:

ORIGINAL: rishishah
What sort of cert are you using...hope not the one generated automatically during install?g

Yes I am using the same one that was generated automatically during installation.
Is there a document showing how to change this?

Thanks,
-Glenn

(in reply to rishishah)
Post #: 5
RE: Configuring Exchange ActiveSync - 19.Feb.2008 6:59:14 PM   
NunoUFO

I also have the same problem:

I have a local domain: wmobile.local and have generated new certificates through CA.
However these dont seem to work, nor even on internet explorer on the server itself.
Do I have to have an internet domain configured? If so, can I configure it even though I am using Dyndns and a dynamic IP connection?

Thanks in advance
Nuno

(in reply to gdoes)
Post #: 6
RE: Configuring Exchange ActiveSync - 24.Feb.2008 10:01:12 AM   
bjames

quote:

ORIGINAL: NunoUFO

I also have the same problem:

I have a local domain: wmobile.local and have generated new certificates through CA.
However these dont seem to work, nor even on internet explorer on the server itself.
Do I have to have an internet domain configured? If so, can I configure it even though I am using Dyndns and a dynamic IP connection?

Thanks in advance
Nuno

I am in the same boat. I was able to get WM6 devices to sync, but not a palm centro device. I will mod the device for the user to include the self-signed cert and the self-CA root cert and see if that works.
As a sidenote, on the old exchange203 server we did not enforce the ssl requirement. This allowed Palm users to use port 80 for EAS and they were able to sync. Needless to say, we're not really happy with that solution.

(in reply to NunoUFO)
Post #: 7
RE: Configuring Exchange ActiveSync - 24.Apr.2008 1:52:35 PM   
StudlyExchanger

I suggest you buy a cheap trusted certificate. Godaddy sells them for $29.99 a year. They are trusted on most WM 5 devices and 100% on WM 6 devices. $29.99 with no headache dealing with trust issues is worth spending $29.99. As for the Active-Sync Policy. I've found that not applying on in the first place is best. Everything should work right out of the box in regards to Active-Sync. As for Outlook-Anywhere (RPC) you need to install the RPC Proxy and Enable Outlook Anywhere and set the FQDN for the external URL. Be aware when you enable Outlook Anywhere you will need to wait at least 15 minutes for this to take effect.

Private message me if you have any issues. I have extensive knowledge with Active-Sync with Exchange 2007, as I have tons of issues with it when I first launched it.

(in reply to bjames)
Post #: 8
RE: Configuring Exchange ActiveSync - 18.May2008 3:42:23 AM   
wdorrepaal

For forum completeness and indexing I think it's right to post a link here to a blog with also a reference to a msexchange.org article and some other usefull information.

I setup my test server at home using the steps described in this artice and works fine. The rough steps to take:

1. Set up a Windows Server 2003 CA
2. Enable the CA to generate Subject Alternate Name (SAN) Certificates
3. Use the Exchange Management Shell to generate a Certificate Request with all internal and external FQDN's
4. Take the generated certificate request and use the installed CA to generate a certificate, make sure it is exportable. When exporting, use the entire certificate path.
5. Install the generated certificate on you mobile device.
6. Done ... Push Mail / Active Sync / OWA and Outlook Anywhere are able to use this certificate

http://blog.symbiosys.be/archives/microsoft/owa-and-activesync-working

William Dorrepaal

(in reply to StudlyExchanger)
Post #: 9

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> Configuring Exchange ActiveSync Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter