• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Connection Lost and Connection Restored messages - Don't see a problem?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Connection Lost and Connection Restored messages - Don't see a problem? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Connection Lost and Connection Restored messages - Don'... - 1.Mar.2011 2:40:52 PM   
Jantzs76

We have an Exchange 2010 environment that I recently got thrown in my lap when our Exchange guy up and quit.  So, bare with me on this.  :)  Last night our Exchange environment failed over from our primary site to our secondary due to some DNS work that was being done.  We were able to get everything back online and moved the databases back over to the primary site.  Mail is flowing fine internally and externally.  Everything appears to be working properly.

However, this morning we're seeing several people, including myself, who's Outlook will pop up the notification:

"Connection to Microsoft Exchange has been lost. Outlook will restore the connection when possible."

Which is then almost immediately followed by:

"Connection to Microsoft Exchange has been restored."

I haven't noticed any actual disruption to my outlook.  Mail is still flowing very quickly.  No backlogs anywhere that I can see.  Nothing outside of the above informational alerts showing in my Event Log on my client machine.  I tried running an "ipconfig /flushdns" since this all started with some DNS issues, but it didn't fix the issue.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?  Any idea what I might need to check?  I have worked with Exchange 2003 in the past, but I'm not familiar with Exchange 2010....quite a bit different.  It's only my background with Exchange 2003 that this got dropped in my lap.  So I'll do my best to answer any questions you might have.

Any advice or suggestions is appreciated!
Thanks,
Scott
Post #: 1
RE: Connection Lost and Connection Restored messages - ... - 1.Mar.2011 3:29:11 PM   
de.blackman

Check the application logs on all exchange servers and see if there are any warnings or errors. Also check all the exchange servers and see how many NICs there are, If any are disabled or unplugged and make sure the enabled ones are at the top of the network bindings in Windows.

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to Jantzs76)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Connection Lost and Connection Restored messages - Don't see a problem? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter